Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATTENTION - Horner Road Sluggers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 5:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by diduflos2day

Re: cars/buses mingling :
Why not to change the bus stops to the new, overflow lot? This will open up quite a few parking spaces on the regular lot and improve the traffic flow. Slugging is a great way to de-congest the roadway. Please, don't make it difficult for drivers to pick up passengers. There are easier, more logical ways of doing this.

diduflos2day you obviously do not know the beginning of the slug lines. They originally were just the bus lines. People who wanted to drive and take the HOV lanes would just pull up to a bus line and ask if anyone was going where they were. Two people would get out of the line and into the car and they would all head off to the HOV lanes. The bus line is suppose to be an option if you can't get a ride. One thing I have noticed over the past twenty years is that when the government gets involved the slugging does not become easier!
rpoirier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoirier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 11:01am
Can someone help me? The parking situation in the horner rd lot in the afternoon is terrible. On more than one occasion I've been blocked in by illegal parkers! This is due to the lack of enforcment in the lot. People are double and triple parking! It's trouble getting in and out and a hazard as you can't see around corners where people are parked illegally. I've called PW County multiple times, they do NOTHING. The last call I was told it is not their jurisdiction because it is a state owned lot (VDOT). But VDOT doesn't take responsibility either. Who can I contact?

Oh, and if you are reading this and one of those jerks that parks illegally at horner STOP IT AND START FOLLOWING THE LAW LIKE THE REST OF US CITIZENS! There are signs at both entrances that clearly state park in designated spaces only. YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING IS WRONG! Please be courteous to those of us who are trying to get in and out.

Thanks!
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by rpoirier

Can someone help me? The parking situation in the horner rd lot in the afternoon is terrible. On more than one occasion I've been blocked in by illegal parkers! This is due to the lack of enforcment in the lot. People are double and triple parking! It's trouble getting in and out and a hazard as you can't see around corners where people are parked illegally. I've called PW County multiple times, they do NOTHING. The last call I was told it is not their jurisdiction because it is a state owned lot (VDOT). But VDOT doesn't take responsibility either. Who can I contact?

Oh, and if you are reading this and one of those jerks that parks illegally at horner STOP IT AND START FOLLOWING THE LAW LIKE THE REST OF US CITIZENS! There are signs at both entrances that clearly state park in designated spaces only. YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING IS WRONG! Please be courteous to those of us who are trying to get in and out.

Thanks!

How long do you usually have to wait until someone comes back and unblocks you?

Do you have a nice car or something that can tolerate a few dents?
old_timer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 3:34pm
Pele,

What time was you picture taken? I have never seen cars parked there until the afternoon drop off. Were the slug lines still going on? I figure the van parked there first and was ticketed. Then the others parked later, and were not. I agree though, as long as the slug lines are going on, there should be no parking along that curb. After the slugging is through and there is no slug line, it really doesn't matter.

Their enforcement of the parking rules is very sporadic. It could be weeks between enforcements. Unless it is enforced every day, painting the curb or signage will not really help.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 3:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by old_timer

Pele,

What time was you picture taken? I have never seen cars parked there until the afternoon drop off. Were the slug lines still going on? I figure the van parked there first and was ticketed. Then the others parked later, and were not. I agree though, as long as the slug lines are going on, there should be no parking along that curb. After the slugging is through and there is no slug line, it really doesn't matter.

Their enforcement of the parking rules is very sporadic. It could be weeks between enforcements. Unless it is enforced every day, painting the curb or signage will not really help.

It was taken at about 8:00. The slug lines were still in effect as I was in line to pick up slugs. (Which was a bad idea on my part because I waited a good long while to get to the point where I was in line.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic