Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rides to avoid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 95slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rides to avoid
    Posted: 04 Aug 2003 at 7:46pm
This evening, another slugger and I caught a ride at 14th and Commerce to Horner Road. The "gentleman" was driving a new white Toyota SUV, possibly a 4Runner or Sequoia. He said he'd take two, but he needed to make one "quick" stop to pick up his wife. Silly us, since he didn't specify, we assumed the quick stop was somewhere along 14th Street. Boy were we wrong. After he'd pulled away from the curb and gone down as far as the Mall, he told us his quick stop was actually "a little U-turn in Springfield." He got off HOV at the Edsall Road exit and got onto the regular lanes, then got off in Springfield and veered around to pick her up across from the mall.

Then when he finally got to Horner Road, he couldn't be bothered to go down to the second lot, where the majority of D.C. sluggers are parked.

Obviously he was pretty smart in not specifying immediately where his "quick stop" was, or he'd never have gotten any riders. Avoid him if you see him.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2003 at 11:14am
You can also avoid the two office mates I rode with to Route 3 from Pentagon. They loudly gossiped about their office for the entire ride, neither one stopping for a breath. I heard every detail regarding the state of their colleagues marriage, affairs, hirings and firings right down to the description of engagment rings, in the most vicious and catty language this side of soap operas! All this, while speaking directly across me, as they didn't care to switch seats.

Between that and the SMOKE that permeated the car from past cigarettes, I was inclined to throw myself into traffic and come what may.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic