Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mine Road Slug Line in Stafford???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADAVI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mine Road Slug Line in Stafford???
    Posted: 21 Mar 2002 at 3:31pm
Is anyone interested in slugging from the newer Mine Road lot? The 610 lot is way overcrowded, I usually get there between 7:45 and 8:00 every morning and people are illegally parked all over the place. (this isn't a complaint, because I do it myself!) It would just be more convenient for people to start utilizing the other lot that sits over half empty most of the time. I know that the bus does not pick up/drop off there, but for people like me who don't use the bus at all and have other back ups in place, it would be a lot easier than driving all over the place trying to find a place to park.

Stafford Slug
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2002 at 9:16am
The Mine Road lot for slugging is a good idea (heard there are a lot more parking spaces there). Only reason it has not happened is because it would just be too hard to get back to that lot at night. There would have to be two slug lines...one going to the old lot, and one going to the new lot. The reason we all slug out of the old lot is because we know that we can get back there at night.

I would suggest either moving all the slugs to the new lot, or moving all the carpools/vanpools/buses to the new lot. Basically designate one lot a "slug only" lot. Would free up a lot of parking spaces.

wjb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2002 at 12:24pm
Slug-lines are always located at stops along commuter bus routes, both in Prince William County and in Stafford County. That way, if you don't catch a ride, you always have the bus as a back-up. Sure, the 610 parking lot is a nightmare, but at least you know that's where all of the drivers are.

wjb
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2002 at 9:06am
As long as there is bus service to the Mine Road lot and enough drivers/slugs it might be worth starting an entirely new line ("Mine Road") even if they are faily close to each other. In Prince William County for example Potomac Mills is probably only 2-3 miles from Horner and both are extremely popular. I guess what I am saying is that it could work well as long as there are drivers/slugs. We would just add "Mine Road" as a Stafford destination.

cdwolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2002 at 2:21pm
quote:

I would suggest either moving all the slugs to the new lot, or moving all the carpools/vanpools/buses to the new lot. Basically designate one lot a "slug only" lot. Would free up a lot of parking spaces. [/b] [/navy]

I disagree. It is important to keep the buses and slug lines in the same lot. That way, if someone misses their bus, they can still slug. Also, if someone can't get a ride home at night, they can still take the last bus.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2002 at 5:22pm
That's true. If buses do not operate out of the Mine Road lot then there isn't that safety net of being able to get home after hours. Then a new line would be risky. Generally slugging operates in concert with buses; they compliment each other.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic