Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attention all slug drivers to Navy Yard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarassa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention all slug drivers to Navy Yard
    Posted: 12 Aug 2003 at 7:47am
To all the drivers who pick up slugs from Horner Road and go to the Navy Yard in the morning:
PLEASE specify if you will not drop off slugs at either First Street (also called ADM Street or "near the Metro") or at 300 M Street. If you will not drop people off at those locations, you need to specify that when calling out Navy Yard to the slug line.

This morning I had to walk from 7th street all the way to First Street because the driver would not go farther "down" than 7th. This driver in the future needs to call out "Navy Yard 7th and up" to the line - I would not have gotten in the car if they have correctly identified where they were going.

My fault was of course not checking before I got in the car to see if they would drop me off at the Metro - but in all my time slugging this is the first time that someone has not agreed to drop me off at either First Street or at least 300 M (which I don't mind walking from if I have to).

So, to all Navy Yard drivers: at least half of the slugs in line work between First and Third Streets off of M Street - if you do not want to drop off at those locations, then PLEASE specify that when calling out Navy Yard to the slug line. Remember that the Navy Yard proper starts at First Street and goes to 11th Street - you should agree to drop off people at all locations along the Navy yard unless specified.

PS - having slugged and driven off both the South Cap exit and the 6th street exit, if you have slugs for First street, it is actually quicker to get off South Cap. Many drivers weave their way through the back neighborhoods after getting off the 6th street exit to get near First street - this ends up taking longer. Just my two cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic