Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner to Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner to Pentagon
    Posted: 12 Aug 2003 at 4:01pm
The Horner Road to Pentagon lines has recently been jammed w/ Crystal City and Rosslyn riders. I highly suggest we get the word out that Pentagon Personnel move across the street to the Bus Stop for pick-up.

dwc
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2003 at 10:19am
Or use signs so people can see your destination. Works for me...
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2003 at 1:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by Chandler
[br]The Horner Road to Pentagon lines has recently been jammed w/ Crystal City and Rosslyn riders. I highly suggest we get the word out that Pentagon Personnel move across the street to the Bus Stop for pick-up.

dwc

Hmmm...the mixed line has worked well for some time. Whoever is at the head of the line usually does a good job of calling out destinations for the cars that pull up. If I have to wait long for a Rosslyn ride, I get in a Pentagon-bound car, since I have to finish my commute by Metro anyway.
Chandler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2003 at 1:47pm
I like the idea of Posting a sign so that all will know your destination. Unfortunately, this doesn't move the vehicles that doesn't have 3 occupants. The ideal situation would be to have them in another location (across the street at the Bus Stop) so that the Pentagon Vehicles can proceed. Today (26 Aug 03) there were 3 Crystal City & Rosslyn vehicles in front of the line. WHAT A TRAFFIC JAM!!!!

dwc
Chandler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chandler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2003 at 1:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br]Or use signs so people can see your destination. Works for me...

I like the idea of Posting a sign so that all will know your destination. Unfortunately, this doesn't move the vehicles that doesn't have 3 occupants. The ideal situation would be to have them in another location (across the street at the Bus Stop) so that the Pentagon Vehicles can proceed. Today (26 Aug 03) there were 3 Crystal City & Rosslyn vehicles in front of the line. WHAT A TRAFFIC JAM!!!!

dwc
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2003 at 2:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by Chandler
...Today (26 Aug 03) there were 3 Crystal City & Rosslyn vehicles in front of the line. WHAT A TRAFFIC JAM!!!!
dwc

I haven't been slugging long enough to know what happens in September. While I don't usually have problems at Horner (6 a.m.), I know things can get hectic around 7:30 or after from those rare times I've gone in later. I've even walked the line (previous thread)[8)]. So...are these traffic jams aberrations? Will the process run more smoothly after people get back from vacation? I like having the option of going to the Pentagon if there are a lot of Rosslyn riders ahead of me, so I'd like to see the line stay together.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 2:19pm
There seem to be far more Rosslyn riders than drivers at Horner Road in the AM (at least from 7:30-8:00 AM). This morning, I had to walk all the way back to the access road from Prince William Parkway to find a car.

Conversely, there seem to be far more Pentagon/Crystal City drivers than riders at Horner in the AM.

Anyway, I can't believe how much earlier Horner has been filling up since Labor Day...have the dynamics changed somehow? I don't remember it getting this busy after Labor Day last year.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2003 at 4:24pm
For security reasons I believe it's not appropiate to concede every single destination its own pick up spot. The division of 14th/18th/20th streets of DC from Pentagon/Crystal City/Navy Yard destinations was reasonable but considering more partitions is not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic