Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social Media Slug Line - Real Time Updates?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Social Media Slug Line - Real Time Updates?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 9:00am
Has anyone ever thought of having real time updates for slug line status? I know almost nothing about Twitter, but it seems like it (or another common social media app) might be a reasonable platform. I don't know if we would need to set up a "feed" for each route (pickup location to destination), or if they could join logically somehow.

I think that even if people who are riders waiting in line, or people who are drivers waiting for riders would just send out a quick status of a particular route it would be helpful. An example might be "4 riders for 14th street" on the Horner Road "feed". Another might be "3 cars waiting for Pentagon" on the Tackets Mill.

Alternatively, maybe having the destination be the primary feed and the pickup be the status of the line. Example "6 riders at Telegraph road" on the 18th street feed.

Not that I would recommend doing this while driving, but I could see a benefit in matching up riders with drivers. I have always felt like there could be a line of riders waiting at Old Hechingers for Lefant destinations, and a line of cars waiting at Horner Road for Lefant riders...

Is there anyone with social media expertise who is willing to fill out some details of how this could work, or even initiate a plan or test run?
Dantzler10 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantzler10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 4:54pm
Yes, I have actually been working on a slugging app and I am currently looking for an iOS developer to work with. If you [or anyone else] knows someone who might be interested please email at: desmonddantzler2@gmail.com.
rahul098 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rahul098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 1:32am
You can share the Slugs Line ver Social media as currently they are in Trends!
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:39am
Snlfam, I have been working very closely with a company that is developing an app to do just what you want and much more. We have conducted a number of survey's with slugs and held three different "focus groups" with about 40-50 slugs/drives to get their input on what they want in an app.

We should have a beta version ready for testing soon, so please stand by!!

I am very excited this app. Over the years, I have been approached by a number of developers to support their app but rejected them all because they all had the same business model of charging slugs to ride - no way! This app will embrace the slugging rules as they exist today.

Edited by admin2 - 09 Sep 2018 at 7:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic