Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Proposed New Slug Line Locations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended Horner Rd Lot- Telegraph Rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugger05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extended Horner Rd Lot- Telegraph Rd
    Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 3:44pm
I see that some folks are already picking up sluggers from Horner's extended lot in the mornings which is great. Can we encourage this further?

Drivers: if you're in need of sluggers after 8am can you please start going to the extended lot by Telegraph Road? The regular lot fills up by 8am for sure and so people will be parking at the extended lot (especially now that they've started ticketing folks who aren't in real parking spots) so it makes sense to drive over there instead of waiting around for those people to walk all the way down to the regular Horner lot. I myself park there around 8am and go to 18th street/State Department. I got a ride from that lot this morning and plan on staying at that lot from now on instead of walking down to the regular lot.

Sluggers: if you park at the extended lot- form a line at the extended lot! Do not walk all the way over to the regular lot- it doesn't make any sense. Once drivers see lines of people at the extended lot they will come.

We can do this! :)
klau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 12:39pm
Is there a slug line in the extended lot for the pentagon?
snlfam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 2:50pm
At the moment, at the extended lot, there is one line for Pentagon/14th/18th/Lefant ... pretty much everywhere. It is not the best system, but it seems to be working. I would like to improve the location and flow of the line, but not sure how to do that.

As a frequent rider, it makes more sense (especially in this cold weather) to walk to the other line from the extended lot rather than wait for 30 mins for someone to actually go over there from the main lot. I am on board with getting the word out about the extended lot, but it won't work if I am the only one doing it.

Finally, we probably should update the Horner Rd page on this website to include details about the extended lot. Not sure how to go about doing that either.
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 12:20pm
Our webmaster has recently updated the Horner Road information page on this website to include the new Telegraph Road lot. Take a look.

In addition to Horner drivers looking for slugs, Lake Ridge drivers should also know that slugs might be found there (at the new Telegraph Road lot) during late rush - if no one seems to be coming at Lake Ridge. I say about the same time as noted by Slugger05: 8ish AM and later.

I used to park at Lake Ridge/Tacketts and now have (for all intents and purposes) made the shift to the Telegraph Road lot. For a late bird, it has many pluses. One of which is the Metro-Direct bus will stop now outside of the Telegraph lot (if you ask the driver in advance). So if you have a late night in town, you can still get to your car by bus from the Springfield Metro station.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic