Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Slugs Ever!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Slugs Ever!!!!!
    Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 7:02am
Driver decided to be nice and take 3 in the back seat. Other 2 slugs have talked nonstop all the way!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrgh! SO RUDE!!!!!!!

RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 8:13am
If the driver wasn't upset then it is not rude. As a driver I enjoy talking so I would not be upset at all.
anniekay06 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anniekay06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 12:56pm
I do understand what you are saying – slug etiquette includes that there is little to no talking, unless it is welcomed by the driver. The driver needs to concentrate on the road and perhaps listen to their music. Even as a slug, I sometimes enjoy being able to drift off and take a little nap. Anyways, I would not do that and personally I have ridden with coworkers several times and we have never carried a conversation in someone’s vehicle. Sometimes, conversation with the driver naturally occurs. They welcome it. And unless I am carrying on a convo with the driver *with or without the other slug(s) included* – I do not chat at all in the car. My advice is that IF there is a next time that you find yourself in this situation – just kindly ask them to keep it down or try to continue their conversation after the ride... that you find it "distracting"/"hard to concentrate" or that you "really enjoy listening to your music"/enjoy the "peacefulness of the quiet ride home after a long day’s work". OR do not give an explanation at all - it isn't necessary, due to it being slug etiquette. If they ride together often, the other drivers they ride with may not have a problem with and/or would include themselves into the conversation. OR that could have been a onetime situation. OR they don't know it is slug etiquette to stay quiet in order for the driver to concentrate on safely driving everyone. My apologies for the novel. Hope this was helpful in some way!! :)
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 12:06pm
I picked up a husband and wife pair once, who both climbed in the back seat. I was shocked, but hey I had riders. They paid their bills in the back seat and chatted the whole way while I chauffeured them to work. It was one ride, it was rude...I woulnd't pick them up again...but should have a pretty high bar for what you can put up with for one ride.
CBlue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 11:45am
First, RetiredMarine, thank you for your service. Secondly, while I wouldn't say she was upset, the driver was irritated, but waited to say something till the two noisey ones had gotten out of the car. She apologized to me for crowding the back seat by allowing three to sit back there (I was first in line). I told her that it was okay and thanked her for the ride. Neither of these two were new to slugging so it wasn't like they hadn't heard of the rules, they just seemed not to care about them. When we entered the car, it was quiet, no music, no conversation between the driver and up front passenger. I should think the two others in the back would have taken the silence as a clue, but they talked about co-workers for the duration. So, yes, I stand by my earlier assertion that their behavior was rude.
CBlue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 11:48am
And anniekay06 and Colossus911, thanks for the insight.

RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 7:42am
I miss understood before and agree that they were rude. Thanks for clearing that up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic