Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Safety Threatened on Sydenstricker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safety Threatened on Sydenstricker
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:02pm
Hello. I am reporting a driver that threatened my safety this morning on the Sydenstricker line today. I did not get the man's name, but he was white, middle aged, dark-greying hair, dark eyes, drove a dark blue SUV (possibly a Volvo), said his family lived in Fredericksburg, VA but he rented a townhouse on Braddock Road in Springfield. He said he was a former US Army Officer that works at the Pentagon and I disclosed that I was in the Marines for 5 years. I politely began the ride with a thank you. The passenger and the driver were already talking about politics when I entered the vehicle. I shared my opinion about the construction of the Fairfax County Parkway and on a few other things, which I did not think were a big deal. We entered the Northbound HOV lane on 395 when the driver screamed at me to shut the **** up and then called me a liberal son of a bitch. He then blamed me for everything wrong in America and threatened to pull the car over and kick my ass out of the vehicle and let me walk to work if, again, I did not shut the **** up. It was literally 21 degrees this morning and quite windy on the freeway. I was quiet until the man accused me of being a liberal, to which I replied I am an independent, sir. The other passenger in the vehicle was as shocked as I was. In the future, I will remember to not discuss politics and also remember that the driver would be in violation of the 3 passengers required to travel in the HOV lane. Had he let me out, I would have reported him to the police. I am reporting this man to warn other riders and also prevent him from bullying others.

KJB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic