Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Place to get to 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moksha180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Place to get to 610
    Posted: 21 Aug 2003 at 11:27pm
Where's the best place to get to 610 in the afternoon? What's the best time for pickup? Has anyone ever gotten stuck without a ride?

I'm moving into the area in late Sept and would love to slug - but am nervous about not getting a ride home at night.

Thanks!!
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2003 at 7:12am
I've been slugging between 610 and the Pentagon since the day I got here in Jan 01. Only twice have I really had to use the bus since I got out of work late. The Pentagon 610 line is very good, with drivers picking up after 6pm. I think the best time though is between 4:30 and 5:30pm. Crystal City line is also good, but I've only used it twice.
Tarek Allam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarek Allam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2003 at 1:51pm
I think 19th and F st,the best time is 4:15-5:30
tulipgirl67 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulipgirl67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2003 at 11:31am
Pentagon works great for getting back to 610 in the afternoon. I have used it at times ranging from 3:15pm to 5:15pm and I have never had trouble getting a ride.

Only once have I been stuck because the HOV restriction ended and there were still people in line. If this happens you can take the Martz bus ($20 one way) or just continue to wait in the Pentagon line. A good samaritan picked me up about 6:45pm. Some of the long-time sluggers assured me that this is the norm at the Pentagon. Those headed home to Stafford will swing by the 610 line to see if there are any slugs left even after the HOV restriction expires.
fastdriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 3:49pm
14th and G is extrememly reliable for getting back to 610. I've never been left standing or had to take the bus. Also, when I drive, I also stop by after 6 to pick people up and I know others do the same. [:I]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic