Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did Fed workers use to get a $300 monthly stipend?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did Fed workers use to get a $300 monthly stipend?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Fed workers use to get a $300 monthly stipend?
    Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 8:09am
In a conversation recently a federal worker mentioned that there will be more slugging since the monthly stipend for commuting was reduced from $300 a month to $125. My response was "Really, $300 a month?" And it was affirmed with a slight embarrassment as the person realized I was not reaping what the Federal Government was sowing.

But it did confirm something that I noticed a few years ago that I thought was out of whack. Going through a turn stile leaving a metro station I notice the balance on the smartcard of the person in front of me was over $400. Yeah, a WTF! ran through my mind.
Hey, with spending like this it's no wonder we have a $17 trillion debt. Is or does anyone in the Federal Government watch the store, i.e., care?

Anybody running for Congress or President that will cut the retirees pension in half? They got my vote. SOB! just ran through my mind.
cmurray0 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmurray0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 4:43pm
The subsidy went from $245 to $125. The reason that you saw a balance over $400 a few years ago is because in the early stages of SmartBenefits the balance accrued from month to month. But don't worry, that has changed. Now, the balance resets each month and anything left from the previous month gets returned. Also, the metro relies heavily on the subsidy.
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 7:42am
Actually, it is $130 a month.
JaysonCordray View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaysonCordray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:30am
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammers as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic