Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Route 17 to either Pentagon or Rosslyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Route 17 to either Pentagon or Rosslyn
    Posted: 25 Mar 2002 at 12:31pm
My wife and I are thinking about moving to Route 17. I have been slugging several years from the Potomac Mills lot. Is it easy to get slug rides in the morning from the Route 17 lot and about how long does it take to get to the Pentagon or Rosslyn. Do the riders primarily pick people up for the Pentagon or do people pick up for Rosslyn too. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

RW
MarkJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2002 at 3:48pm
I've been slugging and driving from Rte 17 for about six months now (I work near Arlington Courthouse, just up Wilson Blvd from Rosslyn). In the morning, the 17 lot provides a wide variety of destinations, including several downtown and Crystal City. Both Rosslyn and the Pentagon have a lot of drivers/riders, so you should be able to get a ride to either without much trouble. I would say that the average time is about 45-50 minutes to either destination. In the evenings, I usually go to the Pentagon, since the Rosslyn line seems to offer mostly Prince William or North Stafford destinations. The only downside to 17 in the evenings out of the Pentagon is that it cuts off right at 6:00 pm; getting a ride by standing along South Rotary with a sign is pretty much close to impossible. Then, your only options are the last two Martz busses, which leave the Pentagon at 6:08 and 7:00.

RW View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2002 at 12:43pm
[Thanks for the Info!]
I've been slugging and driving from Rte 17 for about six months now (I work near Arlington Courthouse, just up Wilson Blvd from Rosslyn). In the morning, the 17 lot provides a wide variety of destinations, including several downtown and Crystal City. Both Rosslyn and the Pentagon have a lot of drivers/riders, so you should be able to get a ride to either without much trouble. I would say that the average time is about 45-50 minutes to either destination. In the evenings, I usually go to the Pentagon, since the Rosslyn line seems to offer mostly Prince William or North Stafford destinations. The only downside to 17 in the evenings out of the Pentagon is that it cuts off right at 6:00 pm; getting a ride by standing along South Rotary with a sign is pretty much close to impossible. Then, your only options are the last two Martz busses, which leave the Pentagon at 6:08 and 7:00.

RW
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2002 at 12:17pm
RW --

Please see my posts in the "morning slug lines" and "afternoon slug lines" forums, as I am in the same boat as you. If you happen to get info outside of this site regarding advice, please share and I promise to do the same.

Thanks.

Kevin O.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic