Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWill I395 Express Lanes Ever Be "Finshed"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis.99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will I395 Express Lanes Ever Be "Finshed"?
    Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 10:14pm
Is there any discussion or plans for eventually extending the express lanes all the way into DC? I know that there were, excuse the expression, roadblocks previously with Arlington county and the decision was made not to fight it any longer and delay the project for additional years and years.

Now that this is nearly a reality, what are the prospects for finishing the job? The thought of zipping along in the Express Lanes just to have to jump off and merge north of Edsall is not a pleasant one. I am sure that the transition point will be a major choke point given all the traffic that will already be on the I395.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 5:11pm
Then why don't you pick up some slugs, then you won't have to jump off.

KeithO
Atlantis.99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis.99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:51pm
I have picked up hundreds of slugs in my time. I just like options is all. Sometimes, I.e. Running late, I don't have time to swing by the slug lines.

Also, I want to buy a two seater sports coupe ..

Slug-Recipes.Com
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 8:25am
They will not extend beyond Edsall Rd. because the County wisely decided they wanted no part of this scheme. This means however that the Edsall Rd. exit will become a bottleneck with all the single passenger drivers having to jump off or face fines.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 11:15am
Arlington County wanted the Commonwealth to perform a real environmental impact statement, with emphasis on many (like >20) years from now. IF they had allowed the HOT lanes to go to the 14th Street bridge, the concern was over what would happen if the tolls were so high and the regular lane congestion so great, where would the traffic go? And the obvious answer became the local roads in the County. With no answer to the question, and since they would probably lose the lawsuit, the Commonwealth chose to exclude the area through Arlington, so the County no longer had legal standing to sue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic