Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New To Sluggin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcowell17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New To Sluggin
    Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 1:03pm
Hi all,

I am starting to work back in the city on December 29th. What would be the best/easiest route for me? I am going to K and 19th from Springfield. I would need to leave here at about 7:45 and leave work at 5:30. It looks like Bob's would be where I would leave from. I am just not sure where this 18th St. memorial bridge or 23rd St. stops are. Any help would be appreciated.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 6:44am
Welcome. There are no "designated" AM drop off spots except for the driver's final destination. Most drivers will drop you off somewhere on their route, just ask in advance.

Good luck.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:13am
Just look for a ride to 18th and K. Lots of drivers for that destination.
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 12:27pm
That is the day the HOV lanes become the HOT or Express Lanes so give yourself extra time to account for what I'm sure could be a lot of traffic and confusion.
rcowell17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcowell17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:13pm
Okay. Thanks for all the info. Does anyone have an advice for an afternoon pick up? It looks like 19th and F goes back to Bob's which would be perfect. Would I have a hard time getting a ride at 5:30? If so, where else would be a good spot to try?
dyk123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyk123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:02pm
I would say that getting to the 19th and F pickup spot at 5:30pm would make it difficult to get a ride home. When I was over there I worked till 4:15pm and usually ducked out early to get to that line by 4:15pm. By 4:30pm the line can get ridiculously long (although this varies from day to day, some days its ridiculous, other days its not, and there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to it).

Id say get in line by 5pm at the latest to make sure you get a ride home. HOV opens up at 6pm for everyone, so 5:30 would be cutting it close.
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 7:40am
But all of that could change come the 29th when the tolls will be in place 24/7. None of us really know what's going to happen to the nature of slugging then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic