Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT lanes smooth sailing - South

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrEandJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOT lanes smooth sailing - South
    Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:25pm
I live in the Dumfries/Montclair area and this week, I've noticed a few things. There is NO backup at all near the Route 234 (Exit 152) area. Also, since the Dumfries HOV exit has closed and moved down the road 2 miles to Joplin Rd (Quantico), there is no merge area at Dumfries Rd; thus, we are rolling through Exit 152 at 65-70mph. The REAL concern is for people in Stafford/Fredericksburg area. There is only a 1/2 mile merge area at the end of the HOT lanes to Exit 143, Garrisonville, so we KNOW there will be daily/weekly sideswipe crashes, and rear-enders for people trying to exit the HOT lanes and merge onto the main lanes. Or worse, people in the right lane not allowing HOT lane traffic to "merge" in front of them.[8D]
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 8:19am
It's pretty ugly. The back up is now 9 miles South at Garrisonville. Thursday the HOV lanes were backed up 1 1/4 miles waiting to get off. Friday it was easily 2 miles. I dread next week because there will be more people on there. The HOV drivers and the ones who want to avoid traffic. I hate to say it but the main lines were moving faster (until 610 that is) than the HOV. The problem at Garrisonville is that there is only one lane for the people getting on 95 and exiting at Garrisonville so two things are happening in one lane and people trying to merge on to 95 cannot and it prevents people from exiting at Garrisonville from both the HOV and the main lanes.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:26pm
I'm sorry, did I miss something? The southbound HOT exit before 234 is no longer available? Wha???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic