Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT Lanes NORTH Reminder -Edsall Rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrEandJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOT Lanes NORTH Reminder -Edsall Rd
    Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:46pm
Reminder: Everyone MUST have an EZPass to use the HOT lanes. However, after Edsall Rd, HOV rules will still be effect from 6-9am. For instance, you leave Woodbridge at 5:15am, drive by yourself with your EZPass on the HOT lanes, and get to Edsall Rd at 5:35am. You may continue to DC in the HOV lanes like you can now because it's before 6am. However, if you wait until 7am to leave, yes, you can use the HOT lanes and drive by yourself with your EZPass; however, you must exit the HOT lanes at Edsall Rd since the rest of I-395 will be HOV restricted. I can imagine a LONG backup of cars in the right HOT lane from Edsall Rd back to the mixing bowl as people try to exit the HOT lanes around 6-7am to get onto the main I-95 lanes. I wonder how many people will try to "wing it" for the 7 miles from Edsall Rd to the Pentagon and not get caught?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic