Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mine Road - (exit 143) riders and timing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosieone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mine Road - (exit 143) riders and timing
    Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 8:10am
I sporadically pick up riders at the Mine Road lot off I-95 because my schedule has a late work start. I have not been to lot since hot lanes opened. How have the hot lanes affected availablity of riders to 14th Street or L'Enfant? Has timing changed. It used to be 7'ish used to seem best for finding riders quickly.
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 8:17am
It depends on your time. The problem now is that ever since the work started on Staffordboro lot the van pools moved over to Mine Rd - one morning at 4:30 am I counted 28 vans in the lot. They have not returned to Staffordboro so the van pools are taking up much of the parking at Mine Road making it nearly impossible to park in that lot for a ride into town after about 6-6:30. I used to get there closer to 5:30 but am now there much earlier for that very reason. So in answer to your question, the Express Lanes haven't changed anything, the vans have. Given the fact that this is the only location from which to get a ride downtown the riders and drivers are forced into a much earlier start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic