Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's around 8 a.m.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringSlug2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's around 8 a.m.
    Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 7:54am
Is the slug lot still active by 8 a.m.? If so, is it better for riders or drivers? And is there parking for riders?

Also, how long does it take to get from Bob's to L'Enfant/7th & D at that time of the morning? (Just curious if there's more traffic once you get off the HOV lanes and head into the city.)

Thanks in advance for any info you can share. Trying to figure out how long it will take me to get to work with a potential new job and new schedule!
DCGuy64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCGuy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 6:53am
Hi, I'd say there are still some spaces at Bob's at 8, but probably few, and all of them at American Legion. There are still drivers, too. Just not as many as between 7-8. Not sure about L'Enfant because I don't work near there. AFAIK, the drivers from Bob's only go to either the Pentagon or 18th/20th/23rd Street. HTH!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:12am
Incorrect. There are two lines at Bob's. One for 18/20/23 and the other for 14th, 12th, 7th & D, etc. There is no Pentagon line at Bob's. Rolling Valley and Sydenstricker offer Pentagon lines in Springfield.
SpringSlug2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringSlug2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 9:40am
Thanks for the replies. Yes, one line definitely goes to L'Enfant. I've used it several times, but usually earlier in the morning (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:20 a.m.). With my new schedule, I may not get to the lot until about 8 a.m., so I'm just wondering what my options will be.....
natsslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:05pm
Can anyone who regularly uses Bob's as a slugger after 8 AM expand on this conversation a bit? Availability of parking spaces, average wait for a car, etc? I currently use Rolling Valley but have considered switching to Bob's since there seems to be much more traffic headed into my part of town (18th, 20th, 23rd, etc).
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 8:16am
You should be able to find parking. And the times that I've shown up after 8 there are plenty of drivers waiting for slugs. Best suggestion is try it and see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic