Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th and Independence Relocation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th and Independence Relocation
    Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:32am
Update - DDOT has asked that we relocate the slug line at 14th and Independence to help relieve congestion near the intersection. The problem is that staging cars are blocking the intersection and interfering with bus service.

The request DDOT has made is to relocate the slug line across the intersection, just to the north. This will allow cars to stage and also allow slugs the opportunity to catch the bus if necessary.

Timeline: Relocate line on Wednesday, 13 January 2015.

New Map:
http://www.slug-lines.com/images/14th_and_Ind_New.png

Street View:
http://www.slug-lines.com/images/14th_and_Ind_New2.png

Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 8:57am
I propose that DDOT stay out of the slugging operation. In the spring and summer, ice cream trucks and tourist's cars park on that block. Drivers will have no place to stop and pick up slugs. What about slugs who want to take the Capitol Hill Bus if they can't get a slug ride? DDOT thinks that there is a problem now, just wait until Cherry Blossom time. The problem at that location is that Holocaust Museum security has recently made it much more time consuming for parents to pick up their kids from daycare. I propose we leave DDOT and formal organizing out of the slugging equation. We'll figure it out on our own.
Ramblinman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramblinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 10:55am
Not to mention now they are proposing speed bumps every 1/8 of a mile. I saw this on the news last night claiming that the HOV lanes are speeding and ignoring the speed limitations. Now i will admit that several of the drivers i have rode with do have some nascar style driving, but SPEED BUMPS? how is that helping? wouldn't that cause damage to the vehicle?
Crowlie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:43am
quote:
Originally posted by Ramblinman

Not to mention now they are proposing speed bumps every 1/8 of a mile. I saw this on the news last night claiming that the HOV lanes are speeding and ignoring the speed limitations. Then you can buy Phen375 here as well. Now i will admit that several of the drivers i have rode with do have some nascar style driving, but SPEED BUMPS? how is that helping? wouldn't that cause damage to the vehicle?

I think that's the point. Either slow down or damage the vehicle?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic