Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sluggers who ride PRTC also

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vistalizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sluggers who ride PRTC also
    Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 12:41pm
Hello, all. If you slug and ride the bus (PRTC) in Prince William County, you probably already know that PRTC is in grave financial shape. Seems (at best) some services will be cut, and a fare increase is a given come July 2016. However, in the longer run, services might be radically reduced if PRTC doesn't get the government funding it needs.

If you don't know already, the Prince William Board of Supervisors has a public hearing about its FY17 budget tomorrow at the McCoart Building at 7:30pm. PRTC has been begging its riders to attend this meeting and voice our support for better funding of the bus company. There is another public hearing in Manassas on April 25th at the Manassas City Hall at 7:30pm.

Finally, I learned recently that two Delegates of the General Assembly in Richmond are also PRTC board members (learned this from my BOCS Maureen Caddigan). They are Delegate Richard Anderson (DelRAnderson@house.virginia.gov) and Delegate Jackson Miller (DelJMiller@house.virginia.gov).

I just sent both some email to try harder to do something positive for PRTC. Had earlier sent similar to my own Delegate and state senator as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic