Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'Enfant to 610 - Slugs Beware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'Enfant to 610 - Slugs Beware
    Posted: 28 Mar 2002 at 8:01am
I received a ride this morning at 6:40 a.m. from the 610 lot to L'Enfant Plaza. I was picked up by a couple driving a gray (I think) SUV with an infant car seat in the middle in the back, and lots of other bags and things (it was a little messy). (1) You have to be pretty small to take this ride because the car seat takes up most of the back seat, and (2) they do not actually go to the traditional L'Enfant Plaza drop off (which is in the vacinity of 7th & D Streets, S.W.) I was dropped off between 12th & 9th street on Independence Avenue. I think the name of the building was the James R. Forrester (sp) building. This building is not near a metro. It was a 20 minute walk down Independence Avenue to get to work this morning. So, this is just a heads up to other slugs going to L'Enfant. In 2 years slugging from 610, this is the first time I have received a ride to this location from someone saying they were going to L'Enfant.

JP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2002 at 7:54am
Interesting. Except for the color (in my case the SUV was green), this sounds like some folks who sometimes pick up at Rt. 17. The car seat is so far over that it actually covers up the insert for the seat belt. The driver will call out L'Enfant, Pentagon or Pentagon City. Once on a Friday when there were more drivers than riders, the man drove up by himself. I said "L'Enfant," and he said OK. Then he starts yelling out "Pentagon" to the other riders, and I (frustrated) said that I would get out because I was going to L'Enfant. He repeated that he would drop me at L'Enfant, and finally got another rider, however, a few miles outside of DC, he said that he really preferred to drop us at Pentagon or Pentagon City and said it in a way that he was giving us a ride and we should take his preference. He said he would take us right to the entrance of the Pentagon City Metro. He dropped us in the middle of Army Navy Drive, two blocks from Macy's and not even at a light - just stopped short - and that was his idea of the entrance to the PC Metro. Before we got dropped off at that location, the other person that got in the car said that it was no big deal, but it was. If I state my destination - twice yet - it is quite unpleasant dealing with a person like this. If you want to negotiate drivers - DO IT BEFORE DEPARTING! No way will I ever accept a ride with that guy again!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic