Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BOBs commuter lot garage - HOLY COW !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOBs commuter lot garage - HOLY COW !!!!!
    Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 1:40pm
The mother of all parking garages is being planned. grab your popcorn

http://www.springfieldchamber.org/events/details/springfield-garage-public-meeting-2412

scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 8:37am
This has been in the planning stages for a while. I attended a presentation on it about 3 years ago. To evaluate the slug system, they came and observed things for....get this......one day. The plan (back then) had the 14th St line at the entrance (Old Keene Mill) to the garage. I explained to them that this would cause a backup on OKM all the way to Spring St. Hopefully it sunk in. We'll see in 2 weeks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/blog/2013/08/athletic-fields-may-top-proposed.html
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 9:39am
I look forward to finding out where we will park during construction. My money is on Rolling Valley.
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
If anybody goes to Tonight's meeting please let us know what they are planning to do
ropoll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 1:58pm
In a nutshell: Six story parking garage with 1,000 parking spots, multiple bus bays, a ped bridge over OKM to Springfield Plaza with dedicated area for continued slugging. Construction to begin late 2018 with completion in under 2 years. No initial charge for parking is planned but no promises made for future. They said they would reach out to slug community for ideas on where to stage during construction. They don't have the plans (pretty architectural renderings) available online yet but said they would soon. Stay tuned!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 8:10am
They moved the slug pickup areas from the "front" of the garage to the back. I was very glad to see that they actually listened at the meeting 3 years ago. Not quite sure how it's going to go with 1000+ cars entering and leaving the same place (there is only 1 entrance and exit for the long term parking area).
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:07am
did they mention where people who drop off SLUGS would do that ? I'd be interested in the flow of general traffic too in and around that garage. The mention of buses also scares me
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 3:36pm
There is a "Kiss and Ride" area. People who drop off on the American Legion side can use those to drop slugs off in the afternoon.

Buses are completely separate with their own lane.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic