Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Conditioning
    Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 8:49am
I know its the driver's prerogative - but its freaking summer outside - for the 3rd time in a week I spent a lovely car ride with no AC on inside - if you're either too cheap to turn it on or don't want to turn it on, I think you should let people know before they get in the car - today was a nice sauna in and I had to peel my rear end off the seat when we got to l'enfant plaza

Edited by admin2 - 12 Aug 2017 at 3:10pm
eao View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:58am
That happens more than it should, unfortunately.
natsslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natsslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm
Thank you for bringing this up. It really is a problem. I have to walk about 12 min in the heat to get to the slug line, and THEN wait in the line. Sometimes in a suit. It is awful getting into a car with no AC. Please drivers, it doesn't need to be a freezer, but please at least circulate some air. And of course we are thankful for the ride. But just realize sluggers have been walking and waiting in the heat and need that AC badly.
hillnva View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hillnva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 3:30pm
I cannot speak for every Slug Driver, but, I want everyone to feel comfortable during the commute. As for me (and probably 90 percent of most Drivers) we request that a Slug ask if it is Ok to adjust the temperature before reaching for the Climate Controls.

This past week, during the afternoon commute, I was informed by a Slug of something that I did not realize. The side of the car that gets the most sun through the windows gets very warm even with the A/C turned on and set on 72 degrees. I discovered that the “Automatic” setting, that controls the A/C fan speed, did not deliver enough cool air for the passengers on the sunny side of the car. As soon as I placed the Fan Speed in manual, everything was fine. So I will be setting the Fan Speed manually from this point forward.

To me, the biggest complement for my driving is when a Slug is snoring in the back seat.
Urban Dictionary: Slugs
NOUN
People who anonymously ride-share, with drivers who need extra bodies, to get into the high-occupancy vehicle lanes (HOV).

My definition:
A term of endearment.
admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 8:37am
Nicely said Hillnva, nicely said.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic