Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southbridge Wal-Mart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southbridge Wal-Mart
    Posted: 03 Oct 2003 at 12:39pm
I wonder if the new Southbridge Wal-Mart would be amenable to a slug line there?

I know this would be really good for me and others in the Dumfries/Southbridge area, most of whom either have to try to get to the 234 lot by 6:45 am (early for a lot of folks) or have to drive all the way to Potomac Mills or Horner.

Would anyone be interested in helping me look into this?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 5:05pm
This is actually a good idea! We have to pass the word and see the response.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2003 at 9:24am
I guess we should contact the manager of the new Wal-Mart?

Anyone have any idea how to do this?
NettaJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NettaJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 11:47am
Great Idea! We should really get together and talk to the manger about this. It is really difficult for people who live in the Dumfries/ Southbridge area to get to the slug lines of Rt 234 or Potomac Mills. Route 1 at 7:15-7:30 is the pits trying to get to these lines. I absolutly with starting a slug line at the Wal-Mart. One question, does anyone know when the Wal-Mart is suppose to be build?

Netta
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 1:59pm
I have heard that it is supposed to be done by Christmas, but who knows? It looks like the outside is not making as much progress recently...maybe they are doing more inside work though.

We may have to wait until it is built and open before pursuing.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2003 at 8:50pm
I use Horner, but would like to try the new Walmart as a slugline. Should make life a bit easier at 6:30 am.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 9:03am
quote:
Originally posted by cdatkins
[br]I wonder if the new Southbridge Wal-Mart would be amenable to a slug line there?

I know this would be really good for me and others in the Dumfries/Southbridge area, most of whom either have to try to get to the 234 lot by 6:45 am (early for a lot of folks) or have to drive all the way to Potomac Mills or Horner.

Would anyone be interested in helping me look into this?

Check out the link "Wal-Mart Eyed for Commuter Parking in Dumfries" under local news this morning at www.wtop.com

Is this the lot you're referring to? If so, perhaps you got the ball rolling!
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 10:34am
Great news...never put it past a politician to pick up on someone elses idea...:-)

Anyway, no matter who gets the deal done, it will be good for sluggers and drivers in the Dumfries area.
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 6:03am
Wasn't it about 2 years ago now that the word got out that the existing 234 lot was going to be moved to a new spot that was at that time, yet to be determined? I also recall a conversation I had with one of the county supervisors (about a year ago) where I was told that land targeted as one of the possible relocation sites had since been sold. If no land is available now to relocate this site, there may be some scrambling, and Wal-Mart could be their solution.

While I don't recall all the facts (they say the memory is the first to go as you get older [;)]) maybe someone out there does, and can set me straight or provide more history. If Wal-Mart says no, then the Dumfries area will continue to struggle with not having enough commuter parking to accommodate the current demand.

Which still leaves the question as to what is the most current plan for the existing 234 lot relocation.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic