Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

queue for PM HOV opening at the Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: queue for PM HOV opening at the Pentagon
    Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:18am
Well, it looks like picking up slugs after 6pm will be a bit difficult. However, last Friday I also noticed that a few cars queue up along a bus stop lane parallel to the highway and just before the entrance to the ramp to the HOV lane. They are here (apparently) waiting for 6pm to hit and the HOV lane to open to all traffic. I don't know if this is kosher with the Pentagon police or not (caveat emptor). Will read the signs harder next time I am doing this. Don't find anything online to say either way.

Edited by Boo123 - 28 Aug 2017 at 11:20am
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:04am
People have been queuing up like that forever. But they can only drive the 395 section that is not HOV/T. I wonder if the queuing will stop once they change this last section of 395 to HOV/T. Construction began in Aug 2017, with project completion set for summer 2020. 
Boo123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:16am
We may be talking about different queues. I came right up in the HOV/T of the 395. Anyway, if the Pentagon Police are not stressing about us idling at the bus stop, I will keep doing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic