Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette - eating and drinking as a slug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NaomiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette - eating and drinking as a slug
    Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:58am
This morning, as a driver, I had a particularly unpleasant slug in my car. Background, I generally ride but decided to drive today (been a slug/driver for over 25 years). I had two passengers and agreed to take a third passenger who had arrived to the line (there were no other vehicles to pick up riders). Unbeknownst to me, the third slug brought in food and a drink. After we left Tackett's, I could hear plastic/paper unwrapping and looked back to find the third slug eating and drinking in my vehicle. I asked politely if she would refrain and use the cup holder in the back for her drink. Well she did not stop. I thought about turning around and taking her back to the lot but that would have inconvenienced everyone else in the car. 

I keep my car very clean and have it detailed several times a year. While I rarely drive much any more (mostly slug myself) it is amazing how often I find coke spilled in my back seats and chocolate squished in the cloth. Since the only people who ride in the back seat are slugs (single, no kids), I am always amazed to find these things. I thought all slugs know the etiquette rules of not eating or drinking in someone else's vehicle. I try to be a polite driver, not drink either, and have my phone put away. 

Well, I did not say anything more to her during the trip but when she got out of the vehicle at the Rosslyn metro, I politely asked her to make sure she took all her things and trash with her. She did not thank me for the free ride but instead screamed at me that I was racist and should not pick up black people, and then slammed my car door. As she ran away, I told her to not ride in my vehicle again. Also, please note that, after having already dropped off one slug closer to their work, the other slug (who was also black) looked sympathetically at me when this third slug acted so inappropriately. I guess I need to put up signs not to eat and drink in my vehicle from now on. Sigh...
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:03am
If I had been in your car, I would have been more than happy to have taken care of the problem for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic