Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoon slugging from Ballston

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballston rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoon slugging from Ballston
    Posted: 16 Nov 2003 at 8:08pm
Let's get this afternoon Ballston slug line running! I work in right next to the Ballson mall and I never see anyone picking up slugs, nor do I see slugs waiting. I am new to the DC area, but I am sure there are tons of people who need to travel south in the afternoon and could use the services of slug drivers and slug riders.

Since I have never been able to slug home from here (I have slugged there in the morning) I have to ride Metro to Rosslyn and pick up a slug ride from there. This adds on an unnecessary 25 minutes to my commute home. If the slug line at Ballston was really active, I, as well as several drivers/slug riders could save even more time in commuting home.

I will be walking by the slug pick up line daily at sometime between 5pm and 5:15pm in hopes of encouraging drivers as well as other slug riders that there are people in this area who'd like to get on their way home as fast as possible. I will try to give updates to all who are interested.

Ballston rider
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2003 at 12:37pm
I tried slugging from Ballston (to 610) once about a year ago when there was supposedly an active line, but I never got a ride and no other slugs showed up. I never really tried again - instead I Metro to Rosslyn or the Pentagon if I'm leaving really early (ssshhhh! - don't tell).
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2003 at 7:25am
Yeah, the Ballston line stopped operating when the county lost the commuter parking agreement. Although I have a warning that the line is not operating, I guess it's time to remove it from the website.
ballston rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballston rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2003 at 4:51pm
If you read some comments under the proposed new slug line section of this website, there is renewed interest in getting the Ballston line going. Any suggestions on helping us?
eskieluvr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eskieluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 11:46am
Guess not :( I work right next to Ballston and would be willing to pick up sluggers to take to Stafford, Fredericksburg, or RT3.
Theredfro View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theredfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2005 at 3:39pm
I work in Ballston and would love a ride to Horner Rd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic