Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Slugger Looking for afternoon NavyYard to 610
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slugger Looking for afternoon NavyYard to 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjgolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slugger Looking for afternoon NavyYard to 610
    Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm
I am new to slugging and took my first slug from 610 to the Navy Yard last week. When I went to 300 M st. at 3pm for the return trip I was informed there was no return slug line and to go to the Pentagon.

I took Metro to the Pentagon and walked around the 1/2 mile or so of slug lines with no 610 line in sight, I got back on Metro and took to Springfield where I took VRE home.

How can I avoid this in the future?

Thanks.

KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:05am
I'm surprised that you did not find the 610 slug lines, I suspect that you walked in the wrong direction. The two slug stations by the motorcycle lot, 610 Mine Road and 610 Stafford, are temporarily relocated to North Rotary Road towards the Pentagon Memorial to alleviate traffic congestion along South Rotary Road, Eads Street and Fern Street. When you get off the Metro, Walk toward 395 / and the parking area. Turn RIGHT once you get to the parking area/main gate and keep walking toward the 911 memorial area - look for the 610 signs. You'll get to 610 pickup line 1st, and further down is Mine RD pickup. Ask some officers for direction / help if needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic