Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New Forum Registration > New Forum and Registration Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to commute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JefferyLeGree3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to commute
    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:05am
Can someone please help me understand the slugging process? I live off Warrenton in Fredericksburg and looking to pickup sluggers around 5am to commute to 1120 Vermont Street DC. Please email me at jeffery.k.legree.jr3@gmail.com.

Thanks
Jeffery LeGree
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:19pm
Jeffery
The Slugging process is pretty easy, especially if you are a driver.
1) Identify which commuter lot(s) you will use in the morning to pick up slugs.
2) Go to those lots in the morning and pick up slugs. Tell the slugs where you are going (Pentagon, 14th St, Rosslyn, etc) to one of the designated drop off points. The correct slugs will get in your car (always good to confirm before pulling away). You probably won't find anybody specifically going to 1120 Vermont Street. You need to figure out where you are willing to take people for dropoff, preferably along your route.
3) Drive
4) Take slugs to designated/agreed upon drop off spot (Its OK to discuss along the way & ask for input)
5) go to work
6 ) Reverse process in the evening by identifying where to pickup folks

0500 may be kind of early for pickup, but 0530 give or take 20 mins should be the sweet spot.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic