Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on courtesy...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on courtesy...
    Posted: 15 Dec 2003 at 1:01pm
As far as the heat and snow-covered car goes, I'm not sure there is much you can do, except pass on the car if you see it hasn't been cleared off well (which I'm sure you will do now anyway :)). As far as not dropping you off at the agreed upon location, you should definitely say something next time, as I think that's rude and unacceptable. I rode with a woman a few times from the Hechinger's lot who said she was going to 14th and Penn, but if you asked if she was going down Penn and asked to be dropped off somewhere there (say, 10th), she would try to go down Constitution and drop you off at 10th and Constitution. This happened 2 or 3 times to me with her (wasn't paying attention as I got in her car), and finally I had enough. The next day as I walked up to the line, there she was at the front, waiting for a passenger. I looked straight ahead and walked right past her. I'm hoping that alone spoke volumes.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2003 at 9:48am
[:(!]

Okay, I am grateful for the rides I have caught in the AM. I return that courtesy to others when I do drive instead of slugging. What is going on here?!

This morning, I caught a ride in a beautiful new car. The driver did not clear the snow off of their roof and hood before arriving at the lot, which led to many stops on the HOV shoulder to clear it off. Then there was the issue of heat. There WASN'T any! The driver turned the heat off shortly after reaching 95, and even in a coat, sweater and shirt, I was freezing. I suspected that the cool air was turned on for the majority of the ride.

We arrived vaguely near our final destination, only to have the driver pull up to the gate of their office parking lot, and tell us to have a nice day! [:0] I had no idea where the parking lot was in relation to my office, and only found my way around after several minutes of wandering. The parking lot dropoff was not indicated at the beginning of the ride, nor at any point therein, or I would have passed on the ride.

What do or others do if this situation occurs again?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic