Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woodbridge to L'Enfant and return.  NEED ADVICE!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge to L'Enfant and return. NEED ADVICE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge to L'Enfant and return. NEED ADVICE!
    Posted: 15 Apr 2002 at 5:25pm
going to move to Woodbridge, off Hoadly Road, a mile from the PW Parkway. New to slugging. NEED ADVICE AND EXPECTED TRAVEL TIME. I was concerned that most of the Woodbridge slug stops seem to have the Pentagon as destination.

Any advice appreciated.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2002 at 4:30pm
Old Hechinger's may be your best bet because its drivers/slugs are headed to Downtown DC. 0700-0830 are the best times and the commute is about 25 min. See http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/old_hechinger's.htm

Timc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2002 at 9:12am
I was also told Potomac Mills...what do you think?
JP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2002 at 7:59am
It has been over a year for me, but I used to go to both lots and found that the Old Hechinger's lot has drivers and parking spaces available later than does Potomac Mills. Potomac Mills would fill up by 7:00a.m with no more parking spaces, however, there were always spaces available at the Old Hechinger's lot between 7:30a.m. - 8:00a.m. (I don't know about after 8:00a.m.) Perhaps someone who is currently familiar with the lots could confirm or update.

bocagrant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bocagrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2002 at 9:42pm
I have picked up and slugged from Horner and Potomac Mills to L'Enfant for months. I get dropped at Potomac Mills as late as 7:15 and manage to get a ride. Horner seems to be a lot tougher, and I have tried there a long time. Seem to end up settling for Pentagon and Metro from there. Don't know how early Potomac fills up, but 7 sounds about right.

Once picked up at Horner or Potomac it is usually about 25 minutes to L'Enfant.

See you in line.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic