Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When will the Slug Lines recover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When will the Slug Lines recover?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:13pm
Like the subject line asks: when do folks think the slug-lines will return to some level of "normal" activity? Or are the slug-lines dead for the foreseeable future (1-2 years)? I work at 300M SE in DC, and haven't seen anything like the PM line happening even as of last month.

Hadn't realized how spoiled, cost-wise, I'd become via slugging to current & previous job over the past 15 years (pre-pandemic). With a special needs young-adult, I can't really afford over $200/mo commuting cost via busing or driving daily.  But if that's what it is, that's what it is. 

I'm sure I'm not alone seeing how expensive commuting actually is, even with only having to go in 3x/week on average with some weeks up to 5x in a week. I've been slugging since 1997, with only a few years not working, so I've never had 5-days-a-week commuting costs for long (and back then, I wasn't a parent nor expensive medical issues)

scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:44am
Yes, I cannot afford to maintain this level of commute costs.  I need slugging to return.....NOW.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic