Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 in Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2004 at 10:48am
Thanks for the reply. Your input will help.
Thank you once again.
mcsilva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2004 at 12:46pm
Tried the 610 Mine Road lot to C.C. this morning at @6:45 and waited about 10 mins. for a ride. Is this normal for Mine Road or is the C.C. traffic starting to increase from this lot ?
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2004 at 4:15pm
The Mine Road lot was built to accomodate the OVERFLOW of cars from the old 610 commuter lot. Therefore, it is intended for the later crowd of commuters who wouldn't have a place to park at the old Staffordborough lot. The drivers start arriving around 7:00 a.m and and continue to pick up until around 8:15 a.m. Coming home from the Pentagon, there are two lines for Route 610. One for Mine Road and one for the old lot, but be warned that the line for Mine Road has been really long and has been moving very slow lately. I have waited over an hour on several occassions over the past two weeks and last night was cold and miserable. I believe that part of the problem is that more and more people are slugging from Mine Road but alot of the drivers are not aware that there are two lines for 610 since our sign is not very noticeable. I encourage people to hold up a sign stating "Route 610--Mine Road". Otherwise you will notice that more drivers will go to the old lot as opposed to the new lot. It's kind of like teaching an old dog new tricks, LOL. I hope this gives you a good explanation of the commuting situation from Route 610.
spitla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2004 at 4:56pm
Thanks guys. Your input is very helpful. I will have to try my luck.
spitla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2004 at 3:10pm
can any one tell me what's the best time to slug from CC to 610 Mine Rd lot. I have been slugging from Mine rd to Crystal city at around 6:45AM, it's been going good. I am able to get a ride with in 10 mnts. But going back to Mine rd from crystal city is getting difficult. People are ready to drop me off at 610 old lot but not at the mine rd. Can any one give me any suggestions to get back to Mine rd from Crystal city.

Thanks
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2004 at 12:51pm
I would say that you need a sign that says 610 in really bold letters and then underneath have Mine Road Lot. You can always have a cute little saying on it too like, "AVOID THE POTHOLES AT THE OLD 610 LOT" or "MINE ROAD--EASY IN AND OUT". If you have several people that go to Mine Road too, you may want to consider separating the line. Having a personal sign is always a good way to go though.
L1FRDOG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L1FRDOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2004 at 9:46am
I will be moving to Stafford in the next 2-3 months. I am seriously looking into slugging. I will be living just off of Mine road and will be working at the Navy Annex, also my times to get into work are flexible. I was wondering which lot 610/630 would be best to get me nearest to the Annex (and where the drop off might be) and where/when would be the best place to get a ride home in the afternoon. Thanks for the info.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2004 at 11:32am
quote:
Originally posted by L1FRDOG
[br]I will be moving to Stafford in the next 2-3 months. I am seriously looking into slugging. I will be living just off of Mine road and will be working at the Navy Annex, also my times to get into work are flexible. I was wondering which lot 610/630 would be best to get me nearest to the Annex (and where the drop off might be) and where/when would be the best place to get a ride home in the afternoon. Thanks for the info.

610 is the best - hands down. Efforts were made to get the Rt. 630 line going, but it was poor at best. 610's slug lines are thriving and booming compared to 630.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic