Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield slugs beware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Springfield slugs beware
    Posted: 24 Apr 2002 at 2:07pm
If you ever find it necessary to park on Monticello Blvd., over by the library, just west of Springfield Plaza, WATCH OUT! The neighborhood has become hostile to slugs. I rarely park there, only if desparate for a space, but when I do I try to be very courteous.

However, last week I got back to my car and found a parking ticket (did you know you can't park within 10 feet of a driveway in Fairfax? I'm sure a resident must have called the police), and yesterday a resident pulled up in front of me in his car and honked belligerently as if he wanted me to move, but then allowed me to stay there.

I'm not so much worried about tickets as I am safety (for me and my car)....so THINK TWICE before parking there!
bunnyslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2002 at 9:24am
Thank you for the heads up. I am really frustrated with the parking situation in the "Bob's" pickup area. I have to get up earlier it seems each day to get a "legitimate" parking space.

An entire row with a significant number of parking spaces near K-Mart was recently taken away. Some people who parked in spaces not marked in blue were even towed. There are several spaces near the back portion of the K-Mart where no cars EVER park. It would sure be nice if all these spaces could be designated as commuter parking.

Does anybody know who we can appeal to for these extra parking spaces? We have to park somewhere!!

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2002 at 4:20pm
I will send these comments to Fairfax County. They have been very supportive of slugging and I'm sure they will take interest in this. I'll keep you posted.

Cas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2002 at 8:32am
I was parking in a lot in Southern Pr. Wm. County and the only request the store owner made was for us not to block the loading dock. What did people do? Yep...continually blocked the loading dock! After several attempts at warning us, he too had enough and prohibited commuter parking. At first he would just have those cars towed, but why should he continually have to deal with calling a tow truck??? He was under no obligation to give us the use of parking spaces. If the parking lot owners do us a favor, we should not be giving them work to do! Would any of us want to take on an additional headache in our lives, especially as a result of doing people a favor? --Not me!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic