Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afternoons at the Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinsFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afternoons at the Pentagon
    Posted: 29 Jan 2004 at 12:30pm
Can anyone explain why afternoon pickups at the Pentagon have become unbearable lately? Yesterday (28 Jan) I spent 1/2 hour waiting in line to pick up slugs for Horner Rd and then spent another 15 minutes trying to get out of the parking lot. By that time, I could have already been home. If things don't improve, I'll have to go back to the snail lanes.
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2004 at 1:26pm
I believe it's the horrendous traffic flow (not a smooth-flowing traffic set up with the way the slug lines are set up. Combined that with the traffic "cops," the Pentagon reservation is bordering on being a driver's nightmare. I think those directing traffic do their best, but I've noticed when they are not doing their thing, the traffic flows a lot better. Also, I think you'll find that the DPS is not to fond of the slugging system and they absolutely do not want to hear what anyone thinks about improving the traffic flow.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2004 at 1:26pm
Probably because everyone and their brothers are going to the Pentagon until the snow melts. Can't speak for other places, but slugging is very difficult in Crystal City since the plows piled the snow very high on the corner and the sidewalks are difficult to negotiate. I feel your pain, though. There was no one waiting in line in Crystal City so I went to the Pentagon and experienced the same thing. Hang in there, it will get better.
aveydd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aveydd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2004 at 12:00pm
I'm quite sure that the weather did not help at all. Most were still taking flexible leave or risked the longer waits for the Metro.
quote:
Originally posted by SkinsFan
[br]Can anyone explain why afternoon pickups at the Pentagon have become unbearable lately? Yesterday (28 Jan) I spent 1/2 hour waiting in line to pick up slugs for Horner Rd and then spent another 15 minutes trying to get out of the parking lot. By that time, I could have already been home. If things don't improve, I'll have to go back to the snail lanes.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2004 at 7:34pm
I'd say the weather had a lot to do with it. Usually I slug but during the snow I drove and I too had to wait about 20 minutes (which is extremely rare) for a slug.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2004 at 9:26am
Last night (~5pm) we Pentagon 610 slugs were waiting for drivers. There was little traffic at the Pentagon (compared to the last few days anyways).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic