Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUSA Today article on hybrids...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2004 at 4:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br]Nice ambulance story[;)] but I have a question for you,even with your hybrid does your wife and yourself still pick up slugs?
Mrs. B

No, I'm the slugger in the family. I slug in and ride the bus home. Occasionally, our work days line up and I ride with her. When that happens (I still ride the bus home so I park at the lot), I will look at the line and grab a slug if the conditions warrant it. That's pretty rare though.

There is a long discussion about this somewhere below, but the bottom line is she doesn't pick up slugs because she doesn't have to. But even if they kick the hybrids out of HOV, she would probably just go back to the regular lanes unless I was onboard. She just doesn't feel comfortable having "strangers" in the car and I would never try to push her to change.

For me, slugging is a matter of convenience (both to rider and driver,) not a social statement (or religion.)

Gee, I hope we don't go around the loop again.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2004 at 4:38pm
BTW, Mrs. B,
I noticed you accidently posted a reply without your question. In case you didn't notice, you have the capability to edit and/or delete your own replies. Just look at the icons at the top of your messages.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 8:21am
quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br]Nice ambulance story[;)] but I have a question for you,even with your hybrid does your wife and yourself still pick up slugs?
Mrs. B

No, I'm the slugger in the family. I slug in and ride the bus home. Occasionally, our work days line up and I ride with her. When that happens (I still ride the bus home so I park at the lot), I will look at the line and grab a slug if the conditions warrant it. That's pretty rare though.

There is a long discussion about this somewhere below, but the bottom line is she doesn't pick up slugs because she doesn't have to. But even if they kick the hybrids out of HOV, she would probably just go back to the regular lanes unless I was onboard. She just doesn't feel comfortable having "strangers" in the car and I would never try to push her to change.

For me, slugging is a matter of convenience (both to rider and driver,) not a social statement (or religion.)

Gee, I hope we don't go around the loop again.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

THEN SHUT UP!
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 9:09am
Yikes. Why so harsh?

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue

THEN SHUT UP!

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 9:24am
quote:
Originally posted by pb1974
[br]Yikes. Why so harsh?

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue

THEN SHUT UP!

Sorry, but there are several threads on this site that refer to Hybrids. If this responder is "hoping we don't go through this again", then they should not keep responding to every posting which he feels is negative. I don't know if you've had a chance to review those threads, but if you have, then you probably know what I mean. Sorry for the "harshness" in my post!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 9:41am
Whoa...easy there, vabigblue...you've made too many good posts to get ugly now.

mroyal-vabigblue does kinda make a point, however boorishly stated. The easiest way to cut off any circuit is to simply turn off the switch. Nothing personal, but you have this knack for keeping these tiresome hybrid conversations alive, despite your expressed desire not to.

You slug. You don't actually drive the hybrid. I hate to point out that Mrs. KLB's post was a short, concise yes-or-no question. Not an attack on the lifestyles of you and your wife as you seemed to take it. Mrs. KLB: "Do you and your wife pick up slugs?" The answer? "No, we don't." And that's it!! You keep perpetuating the vicious cycle of these motions to defend the hybrids and their drivers by becoming defensive even when the situation doesn't call for it. If your wife wants to defend what she does, let her get on here and defend herself. The fact that she doesn't post here says two things to me. 1)That she is a lot more secure in her decision to commute the way she wants than you are; and 2)she doesn't care enough about the topic to waste her time touting the virtues of driving a hybrid. BTW-since you're wife drives the hybrid and you don't, shouldn't that mean you lack the qualifications to be so bold on the topic?

Personally, I don't care about the subject of hybrids. It doesn't matter either way to me. Knowing that this is an open forum and anyone can say whatever they want, I still feel comfortable stating this opinion: Dude, we know how you feel on this topic. We know because your opinion is every-freakin'-where! I'm sure even Mrs. KLB, coming in at 11 posts, knows how you feel. It's the repetition, not the sentiment, that is tiresome and annoying.

So please, for the continuity of this helpful message board, let it go already!! Seriously, I see your name in front of a post and I make an inward groan, fearing that I get to look at the broken record (or scratched CD in these times) again. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, but for the most part, it's all the same. Besides, your case would be much better made if you moved aside and let someone else with your views step up to the plate. No one is questioning your character, so take a breath and relax a minute.

I mean nothing personal to you, mroyal, as you make some pretty useful posts sometimes. And if I'm the only one who feels this way, then I apologize for the waste of space. Maybe it's just me. I'm a "milk and move it" type of person; say what ya gotta say and get off it.

With that said, here it is: you're a good "post-er," but sometimes in an irritating way.

Nonetheless, I hope you and your wife have a great Valentine's Day! [:D]
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 11:01am
Well said Mirganus. I do apologize for creating a possible "hostile" environment here. I don't care one way or the other about Hybrids either, mainly because I can't do anything about the issue, but to invite responses in the same sentence as "not wanting to go around that loop again" is a bit extreme. Thanks
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2004 at 1:10pm
I almost never answer a question with yes or no (unless it is a poll)
As a new person to our forum, I thought Mrs. B would be interested in knowing the answer to why as well. I did not create the thread. But I do admit that I have little tolerance for inaccurate and uninformed statements being expressed as a fact.

However, Mirganus
I appreciate your point and will keep it in mind.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2004 at 3:44pm
Oh golly gee thanks[^]

quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]BTW, Mrs. B,
I noticed you accidently posted a reply without your question. In case you didn't notice, you have the capability to edit and/or delete your own replies. Just look at the icons at the top of your messages.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Mrs. B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic