Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7th and D to Rolling Valley - afternoons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7th and D to Rolling Valley - afternoons
    Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 1:25pm
Where did all the drivers go?
We need drivers to start showing up at 3:30 (when the line opens) in the afternoon to take slugs home to Rolling Valley. Yesterday there must have been 8 people that stood there from 3:15 to 4:00 waiting for a ride. If any of the drivers have left, please come back! Thanks.[:)]
argentinian_belle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argentinian_belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 2:44pm
I heard that police are not letting drivers pick up slugs there anymore. they said they can't stop or park in front of a federal building. but I don't slug from there so i'm not sure what is going on, but this is what I have heard on this message board.
WillZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2004 at 6:50am
Well ,when I am there that isn't the case. Yesterday, again, there were over twenty slugs waiting there by the time it was 4pm and only a few cars had come that picked up slugs for Bob's only. If there are drivers waiting for slugs later than that, I suggest they attempt to come earlier if possible.
Mit View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2004 at 12:21pm
Since the driver has the car, YOU may want to consider going later. Why should the driver change his time for you? Don't get your thinking. Perhaps some of you 20 slugs should consider driving sometimes if you want a ride that early. Drivers are paid for this you know.
Maylo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2004 at 12:27pm
You suggest that the drivers try to come earlier? I'm not usually a driver, but that is really rich. What's in it for them-your satisfaction?

quote:
Originally posted by WillZ
[br]Well ,when I am there (3:20 - 4:00) that isn't the case. Yesterday, again, there were over twenty slugs waiting there by the time it was 4pm and only a few cars had come that picked up slugs for Bob's only. If there are drivers waiting for slugs later than that, I suggest they attempt to come earlier if possible.

WillZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 8:45am
Relax there Maylo and Mit. I know that my ride is dependant on WHATEVER the drivers want to do. I know if I can't get a ride when I want it I will adjust my schedule or find other means of transportation. I was simply trying to offer a suggestion as to how to avoid the police not letting drivers pick up slugs in the evening. I didn't say it was an absolute MUST for drivers to come earlier. It was a SUGGESTION. Relax.
mol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 12:23pm
I read it the same way as Maylo and Mit. YOU are the one that needs to relax. Try reading what you write before sending your message.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 12:45pm
WillZ...I understood what you were saying. You were saying that when you are there (early), there are a lot of riders waiting for cars, so if there are cars waiting for riders later in the day, they would be guaranteed riders if they were to come earlier. I agree that maybe it wasn't worded in the best way (honestly, I kind of thought the same thing when I first read it), but I know you probably thought it was an innocent comment and that it didn't need a closer reading. But I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
argentinian_belle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argentinian_belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2004 at 1:56pm
Maybe you all are a little too sensitive or get offended mighty quick. I understood exactly what Willz meant the first time I read it and the second time too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic