Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Directions to Rosslyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Directions to Rosslyn
    Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 1:38pm
I apologize if the directions are posted and I just didn't see them. I was hoping though that someone had directions to the Rosslyn metro from Woodbridge on the HOV lane. I'm new and am trying to figure everything out.

Thank you for any helpful comments.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 1:52pm
North on HOV lanes to left exit (Memorial Bridge) just before Pentagon.
Go 1/2 mile or so to right exit at Pentagon "North Parking". Cloverleaf under the highway to merge with 110 North to Rosslyn. Left into Rosslyn. Metro on right after Lynne St.

Note: Ask any Rosslyn slug and they will direct you to Metro during the ride! Also ask about where PM slug pickup is located. (Not at Metro)
FromWoodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2004 at 2:01pm
Thank you for the directions. I didn't want to rely on a rider and get my name blasted on the web site!

JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2004 at 9:19am
I hope that wouldn't happen to you. We were all new at one time. If I drive to a new destination or to an old one I haven't been to in awhile, I find that riders are very helpful.
mallslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 10:39pm
Never be afraid to ask your slugs for directions. I slugged to Rosslyn from Horner Road during New Years week (my usual spot is Potomac) and the line of cars was quite long - all going to the Pentagon. Another rider and I walked the line all the way to the end and finally a driver agreed to take both of us to Rosslyn. Trouble was, he didn't know how to get to Rosslyn and didn't tell us right away. He got off 395 at the right place, so we assumed he knew where he was going, but he didn't turn at "North Parking", and didn't exit at the next two signs that said "Rosslyn". Even if slugs appear to be sleeping - wake them up and ask for directions!!! It's better than getting lost and taking an extra 10 minutes to find your way back.

Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic