Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Road - Splitting 14th and 18th Streets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 11:20am
I don't slug to DC but to Rosslyn. The Rosslyn/CC/Pentagon line was recenly split into three separate lines for much the same reason. If you read the comments posted about that change, some people are happy with it, others are not. Any way you end up with, you are not going to satisfy everyone. I slug everyday rather than drive and as long as I can get up and down the road, I'm happy. This is not a "personalized limo service" we have here so in my opinion sometimes we have to be inconvenienced - that's part of slugging whether we like it or not!!! I do agree an extensive survey should be done before making any changes and not just the decision of a few people who don't like things the way they are - we're all in this together with one goal - to get to and from work!
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 7:49pm
Yes, I agree that there is going to be inconvenience no matter what you do, and that you can't please everyone all of the time. But in no way is anyone talking about anything near a personalized limo service. Like you said, we just want to get to and from work...but we'd like to do so as effectively and efficiently as possible.
cin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2004 at 11:55pm
Maybe I shouldn't have used personalized limo service, but from what I'm reading, sounds like some people can be just plain lazy. They don't want to walk to get to a car that has a driver kind enough to take them in!?!?!?!?! I guess I just don't understand then. I have been slugging since March 2000, and I am thankful every day that I can get a ride to and from work even if it means I have to walk a few feet to get in a car!!! If the slug line is long and the car line is long, then shame on those lazy bums at the front of the line who can't walk a few feet to get in a car. Maybe a "rule" needs to be added to the Etiquette and Rules Section on this.
quote:
Originally posted by pb1974
[br]Yes, I agree that there is going to be inconvenience no matter what you do, and that you can't please everyone all of the time. But in no way is anyone talking about anything near a personalized limo service. Like you said, we just want to get to and from work...but we'd like to do so as effectively and efficiently as possible.

Fite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2004 at 11:29am
Hell just have 18th or 14th be at Potomac Mills only. There just isn't room to make a seperate line at Horner.

IRT cin

I get what your saying but if everyone just starts walking back to the cars then the car line will never move up and off of Telegraph. I don't mind walking because that means that I get a ride faster. But what are ya gonna do. I guess the is just no real good way to do this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic