Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC line at Horner reversed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC line at Horner reversed!
    Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 8:40am
Just had to say "woo-hoo"! It's about time sometime took the initiative to do this. I picked up riders today, so I didn't get to stand in line to see how it worked, but it looked much more civilized. Hope it lasts!
dhdslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhdslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 10:27am
I agree that it's about time, but this morning was a DISASTER! It appeared that there were a few people at the front of the line "directing" the flow (they never accepted a ride and just called out destinations). Hence, the line kept growing, and growing, and growing. Reversing the line will only work if people WALK THE LINE OF CARS. Otherwise, the process is even slower than before!
everything View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everything Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 11:40am
disaster. waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to slow. huge line of cars. huge line of people. something is wrong with that picture.

pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 12:05pm
Really! I had no idea. I guess I didn't think about the long line of people or cars since neither seemed worse than usual. You're right..it doesn't make much sense for the line reversal if the people at the front don't walk the line and just end up clogging the process.
Hopeful View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 6:11pm
Well, I stood in the line and it seemed like on one knew which way it was going. People in front would call out a destination for a certain car, and folks from the end of the line were already getting in without checking! It was a mess.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2004 at 9:09am
Was it any better today?
FromWoodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2004 at 9:47pm
The line needs to go back to the way it was. Cars can't pull up efficiently since the front of the line is where the cars enter, which means only one car at a time to call out for riders.

This slows down the process of everyone else getting a ride, or drivers being able to take off.

It's a nice idea in theory, but it doesn't work in practice. Put the people who are first in line farther down so that the cars can pull up (more than one car), locations can be called out, and passengers can quickly hop into cars. The way it was last week and for weeks prior was MUCH more efficient.
18thstreetcommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18thstreetcommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2004 at 8:46pm
While I applaud the effort, reversing the line did not work. Having cars queued up back up onto Horner is too dangerous.

What needs to happen is splitting the line into two lines. Line 1 could be 14th and L'Enfant. Line 2 could be 18th and Navy Yard. This is where I believe the problem starts with.
rupshur View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupshur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2004 at 10:11am
I agree with "18streetcommuter" and that the way to fix this is to once-and-for-all ..... split the line into 2 lines, based on what was done for the Pent/Ross/CC line! Line 1 for 14th and L'Enfant. Line 2 for 18th and Navy Yard.

rupshur
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic