Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV entrance points?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV entrance points?
    Posted: 30 Apr 2002 at 11:02am
Going south on 395 from the Pentagon in the afternoons, I know the first time regular lane traffic can enter the HOV lanes is at Edsall Rd. The next is at Springfield. Can someone tell me if there are others farther south?

RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2002 at 1:09pm
There is one more and it is near Newington, just past the Springfield entrance. (Springfield entrance comes into the HOV on the left and Newington comes in on the right.)

J View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2002 at 12:03pm
The Springfield entrance is made as you turn off the FFX County Parkway onto the ramp leading you to the HOV lanes. If you find yourself in "downtown" Springfield, you can get the Parkway West by getting on Backlick and heading south.
The Newington entrance onto the HOV lanes is made from the I95 lanes, just south of the I95 and Rt. 644 confluence.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic