Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stop Wal-Mart in Southbridge, Dumfries!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop Wal-Mart in Southbridge, Dumfries!
    Posted: 03 May 2002 at 11:57am
Please help us stop Wal-Mart in Dumfries! Traffic will be worse if we do not stop it. Go to this link for further info: http://www.dittinc.com/southbridge/

:-) Audie

J View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2002 at 11:56am
Thank you for the update/info! One of our local neighborhood activists in the Forest Park Subdivision is collecting signatures to stop WalMart. The county appears now to be offering the empty lot at 234 and Van Buren (the SW quadrant of the 234 and I95 interchange, across from the Shell Station) as an alternate location!
I understand the Cardinal Crest HOA(s) are joining the fight. How about you folks living in Montclair?
J

DiscDog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2002 at 2:56pm
From someone in Montclair... Sorry to disagree but you want to move Wal-Mart from Rt. 1 to 234 to save you from traffic? 234/95 is bad enough already with people making multiple U-turns all over the place just to get to Cracker Barrel. 234 is expanding soon enough. We're just holding that space across from the Shell for something good like a Home Depot. My family for one will enjoy not having to deal with Potomac Mills Wal-Mart.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic