Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fed up on toll road? email: slug@cox.net

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaDeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 3:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by WebmasterMama
[br]Are you doing this everyday now? I'm going into Rosslyn and it would be a nice change. I'm not familiar with where this place his - the H-M, but, wouldn't mind giving it a try especially on the mornings where I've been out late the night before. [8D]

quote:
Originally posted by LisaDeanna
[br]Success on the Toll Road!

I'm doing it 2-3 days per week, on the days I need my car in the city.

The Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride is right next to the Dulles Toll Road. If you were headed East on the Toll Road Coming from the airport, you would see an exit for 7100 (Fairfax County Parkway) and the Park and Ride. The sign says something like: "Express Bus to Metro and Tysons." Once you take that exit you will see the signs leading to the Park and Ride - and then the huge garage (that you can actually see from the Toll Road.)

From 7100: go south on 7100 turn right on Sunrise Valley and go roughly 1/2 mile(?) and you will see the Park & Ride on your right.

Its working very well for me - and it seems the number of confused looks I am getting is diminishing every day. [:)]

Good luck!
WebmasterMama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebmasterMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2004 at 8:07am
Ahh - Ok! I know where it is now. I have dropped and picked hubby up from there - just didn't know its name. I'll have to check it out one of these days. [^]

quote:
Originally posted by LisaDeanna
[br]Success on the Toll Road!

I'm doing it 2-3 days per week, on the days I need my car in the city.

The Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride is right next to the Dulles Toll Road. If you were headed East on the Toll Road Coming from the airport, you would see an exit for 7100 (Fairfax County Parkway) and the Park and Ride. The sign says something like: "Express Bus to Metro and Tysons." Once you take that exit you will see the signs leading to the Park and Ride - and then the huge garage (that you can actually see from the Toll Road.)

From 7100: go south on 7100 turn right on Sunrise Valley and go roughly 1/2 mile(?) and you will see the Park & Ride on your right.

Its working very well for me - and it seems the number of confused looks I am getting is diminishing every day. [:)]

Good luck!
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2004 at 9:07am
It would be nice if we could get some signs posted at H-M for the slug line like they have in Rosslyn. That might clear some more confusion.

I've also noticed a shelter on the KnR side of the bus stops that folks are sitting in. I've wondered are these sluggers or carpoolers waiting. Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic