Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herndon/Monroe to Rosslyn Slug Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herndon/Monroe to Rosslyn Slug Line
    Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 2:59pm
How do we get this slug line established? There are a ton of potential slugs in the 950/980 bus lines waiting to speed up driver's commutes.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 3:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by Sterlingslug
[br]How do we get this slug line established? There are a ton of potential slugs in the 950/980 bus lines waiting to speed up driver's commutes.

There's a discussion going on this topic under the "fed up with the toll road" entry under General Topics. I also drive into downtown from Sterling, and it seems folks are talking about it.

Some folks tried to set up a slug line last summer, but it didn't take. It may take a more concerted effort to get the word out to all the 950/980 riders to make this happen. There are already some carpoolers forming in the garage. Those interested in slugging just need to make themselves known.
CUCV_Owner View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CUCV_Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2004 at 6:41am
I drive from Sterling Park to Rosslyn near the metro every day. My former car-pooler retired, and now I'm coming in pre-HOV. Drop me an email if you want to start car-pooling - leaving the house at 0530 is getting old really fast!
quagga View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 3:53pm
Hello!

I'm wondering if theres a slug line from Herndon Monroe to Rosslyn.

From the looks of it, the old slug line
is now defunct. If not anything, I'd
be interested in ride-sharing. Please
let me know if you're interested. I commute from
Sterling to Rosslyn and I occassionally drive. If anyones
interested in ridesharing or the slug line please drop
me a line at rs@cyberspace.org

Cheers,
Kiran
Sterlingslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 4:25pm
You drivers can swing by the 950/980 bus lines and hold up a Rosslyn Slug Line sign- you'll have volunteers in 60 seconds... Anyone else agree?
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 4:57pm
Slugging is still alive, barely, at H-M. Check the General Topics section for the results of my slug experience this morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic