Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fred'burg/Stafford to Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plbdmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred'burg/Stafford to Pentagon
    Posted: 23 Apr 2004 at 10:48pm
We're relocating to DC this summer and are looking for slugging information. Could anyone give me the typical slugging time from Fredericksburg to the Pentagon? And Stafford to the Pentagon? I'm interested in the total time, including the wait for a ride.

Thanks!
Lisa
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2004 at 1:19pm
As posted in the general topics section, it takes about 45 min from Rt17 and about an hour back to Rt 17 from the Pentagon. Fridays are longer coming home.
VaNavigator View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaNavigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2004 at 11:25am
I live in Fredericksburg 5 minutes east of I-95/Rt. 3. I drive into DC approximately once or twice a month, and have had it with the regular lanes. Once upon a time I could make it all the way in in an hour and a half. Most recently, it's taken an hour and a half just to make it to Springfield.

Where would be the best place for someone getting on at Exit 130 between 6:30-7:00 am to pick up slugs? Rt 17/exit 133, 630--exit 140; 610-exit 143?

Scott Fischer
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2004 at 11:57am
VaNavigator,
There are a number of slug lines along your route. There is one about 3 miles west on Rt 3, another about a half mile west on Rt 17 (left at 3rd light) and 2 more on 610 (on the right at intersection of 610 and Mine Rd and just off Mine Rd). All of these would be easy to get to and there are plenty of Slugs at each. The question would be, where are you headed? The Pentagon is a good destination to drop off and pick up Slugs, but there are plenty of others too (see locations listed on this WEB site). All of the above listed commuter lots are mapped out on this WEB site.
adverseman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adverseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2004 at 10:49am
Hey you guys...don't forget the slugs on Rt 3/Gordon Road.

Kenny Allison
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic