Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Mills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Mills
    Posted: 08 May 2002 at 9:50am
I understand that in the morning some of us are still half asleep and need that morning cup of coffee to bring us around butI really think I need to touch on a few subjects:

1.when aperson calls out for example 14th and NY,don't just stand there and wait for someone else that is a professional slugger such as myself start to get in the car that you just stood there looking at and then when you realize where it is you work you want to say " excuse me I was next" wake up and pay attention.

2. You are getting a free ride, it is not your place to get in someone car and tell them at what level they should have their radio, as some of you may have heard by now there are some drivers that will put you out of their cars,( embarrassing)! Just keep your mouth shut and do like I do memorize the car and don't ride with them again.

3. And finally this is for the drivers like I have said before it is a free ride, but really you know that you are putting people in your car the least could do is clean the empty fast food containers out of your car and the dog and cat hair, and I know from riding some of you have babies the sour milk smell is the worst,YUCK!!!! so if you notice that you can't pick up a rider that's because I have already warned them what your car is like inside. well that all for now

TBell
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2002 at 3:16pm
I agree that the best tactic is to hold your tongue and just note the car and not ride with the person again. This is the first time I've heard that people have been put out of a car. Does this happen alot??? My experiences with slugging/driving have been overwhelmingly positive and I was surprised to hear this.

tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2002 at 10:58am
quote:

I agree that the best tactic is to hold your tongue and just note the car and not ride with the person again. This is the first time I've heard that people have been put out of a car. Does this happen alot??? My experiences with slugging/driving have been overwhelmingly positive and I was surprised to hear this.

Yes there have been a few reported incidents that a driver has picked up a passenger and the passenger demanded not asked them to turn down their radio, there is a way to do and say everything.

TBell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic