Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request to slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request to slugs
    Posted: 12 May 2004 at 7:20pm
Last couple of weeks folks have been pretty busy bashing drivers for a variety of sins, but today I saw (again) something that just gets my blood boiling. At 4:30 the PM/Horner pickup line at the Pentagon is pretty long -- I sat paitently in line for a good 15 minutes (incidently, getting the interior nice and cool for my slugs btw) when a Honda civic zips past the long line of cars and picks up slugs for Horner. Folks, that just isn't kosher and I would hope that if you are in line and see that situation develop you discourage your fellow slugs from this practice. I've seen it occur on many occasions @ Pentagon and have to believe that it happens elsewhere as well... Thanks!

- Will
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 8:05pm
I agree Will - we have to police ourselves. Occassionally as I walk to the Crystal City slug line from my office, I get offers from cars farther back in the line. It would be easier for me to just hop in the closest car but I just point to the car at the head of the line....
Zevida View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zevida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 8:06pm
Are you sure that they were not picking up for Potomac Mills?

When there have been ten to fifteen cars in front of me and people obviously standing in line waiting for Potomac Mills, I will cut out of line and drive up to the people, because oftentimes they won't walk back and check all the cars.
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 10:05am
quote:
Originally posted by Zevida
[br]Are you sure that they were not picking up for Potomac Mills?

When there have been ten to fifteen cars in front of me and people obviously standing in line waiting for Potomac Mills, I will cut out of line and drive up to the people, because oftentimes they won't walk back and check all the cars.

So who is to say that one of those 10-15 cars in front of you *isn't* waiting to p/u for PM (like me)? Although I will go to either lot, I watch the line closely and when it is apparent there are PM folks waiting, I will default to pick them up -- when my turn at the head of the line occurs.

- Will
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2004 at 10:38am
Bottom line....when i see this happen and I've been sitting in that long line.....it really gets my blood boiling. There is no point of "what if" they are going to PM. The slugs need to learn to walk down to cars instead of waiting when theres a back up for front door service. As well as drivers need to stop holding up the line waiting for Horner Road Specifically and learn to be flexible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic