Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOV HYBRID exemption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 8:34am
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

Sorry, following my own advice.

Ah..so you LIKE crow!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 8:35am
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

In the 12 years they've been given the HOV exemption, I've never seen one hybrid driver pick up at the Circuit City lot in Springfield or the 19th St. slug line. I don't plan to take a ride from them and I hope other riders think twice about giving them a quick (and free) commute into DC.

Jody,
How many hybrids do you see PARKED at the Circuit City lot? Makes you think...
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 11:39am
Can't speak to the Circuit City lot, but the 610 lot in Stafford has at least 20 a day.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 12:59pm
To NOSUV -- I haven't seen any at the Springfield Plaza lot where I park nor have I seen any parked at the front of the Circuit City lot where the lines are for 14th St or Memorial Bridge.
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 1:20pm
I've seen one in the Springfield Plaza lot -- a light blue one. Took me by surprise because it had a CF plate.
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:27am
HOT lanes will stop just north of Springfield and the VA General Assembly has overwhelmingly passed SB 209, with an amendement to strike the expiration date, so don't hold your breath.

HOVME
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 4:19pm
The only hybrid drivers that benefit from the HOV lanes & don't have to worry about the toll are ones that live inside the beltway (Edsall to DC and vice versa). Hybrid drivers who live further south will have to pick up riders to avoid paying the toll. I don't think any of them want to pay a toll from Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, or Stafford counties.
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:30pm
I agree for Prince William, Loudoun, or Stafford counties, but it depends on where in Fairfax County. For example, the Springfield slug lines are only a couple miles south or where HOT will end, with hybrids still eligible for all the remaining HOV to DC. I doubt you would see many hybrid drivers bother with the Springfield slug pickups just to save for that limited distance.

HOVME
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

The only hybrid drivers that benefit from the HOV lanes & don't have to worry about the toll are ones that live inside the beltway (Edsall to DC and vice versa). Hybrid drivers who live further south will have to pick up riders to avoid paying the toll. I don't think any of them want to pay a toll from Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, or Stafford counties.

Jody - if the basic assumption of many slugs is that people paid the higher (than conventional car) cost of a hybrid to commute alone, then what makes you think that hybrid owners wouldn't just pay the toll?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 3:08pm
Fluor has already said they will raise the toll during peak rush hours to control the traffic on the HOT lanes. Along with higher fuel prices, cost of living in this area, hybrid owners want to cut costs too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic