Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 8:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by raymond

Which brings up a good point: if you don't carpool or slug, why are you cloging up the "slug-lines" forum with your anti-slugging propiganda?

since you have problems reading it at the beginning of the board"

"Hybrids: This area is devoted to the discussion of hybrid vehicles and their impact to the HOV."
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 11:34am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

quote:

Yes, and 3 people in ONE hybrid is better still! Fill up those empty seats NoSUV! Until you do, you will just be another SOV snob, even worse a hybrid-driving, self-righteous SOV snob.

Which brings up a good point: if you don't carpool or slug, why are you cloging up the "slug-lines" forum with your anti-slugging propiganda?

raymond, even better - why don't YOU buy a hybrid and drive? Until then, you will just be another slug snob, even worse, a non-environmental, gas guzzling, self-righteous, freeloading slug snob.

That's great advice, however I choose not to add to the 15,000,000 new cars that are bought and entered into service each year in the US alone! I choose not to spend $30,000. or more to feed the most destructive industry in the history of mankind, autos. I wouldn't even spend your money on a bandaid, red-herring, marketing-hype, bogus-solution hybrid that, oh yeah, burns good old fossil fuel. Hypocrite! You bought the hype, and it is costing you dearly!

I choose instead to keep my old, used nissan, and park it each morning while I slug, taking yet another car off the road and adding 0% to the smog, fuel consumption, and traffic mess that you add to. And on occasion, I choose to drive and fill up my seats while I take three other cars off the road, and get over 80 MPGs per passenger in my car (vs. maybe 40 passenger MPGs in your SOV hybrid).

Gas guzzling? 80+ passenger MPGs, hmmm, not quite!
Self-righteous? Have you been talking to my wife?
Free-loading? Ask the slugs I gave rides to the other day about that!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2008 at 12:34pm
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

quote:

Yes, and 3 people in ONE hybrid is better still! Fill up those empty seats NoSUV! Until you do, you will just be another SOV snob, even worse a hybrid-driving, self-righteous SOV snob.

raymond, even better - why don't YOU buy a hybrid and drive? Until then, you will just be another slug snob, even worse, a non-environmental, gas guzzling, self-righteous, freeloading slug snob.

That's great advice, however I choose not to add to the 15,000,000 new cars that are bought and entered into service each year in the US alone! I choose not to spend $30,000. or more to feed the most destructive industry in the history of mankind, autos. I wouldn't even spend your money on a bandaid, red-herring, marketing-hype, bogus-solution hybrid that, oh yeah, burns good old fossil fuel. Hypocrite! You bought the hype, and it is costing you dearly!

I choose instead to keep my old, used nissan, and park it each morning while I slug, taking yet another car off the road and adding 0% to the smog, fuel consumption, and traffic mess that you add to. And on occasion, I choose to drive and fill up my seats while I take three other cars off the road, and get over 80 MPGs per passenger in my car (vs. maybe 40 passenger MPGs in your SOV hybrid).

raymond - your discussions has many, many gaps in logic.

You claim that by parking your old, used nissan that you contribute 0% to smog, etc. Yet, you MUST drive that vehicle as a minimum to get to and from the commuter lot - and you likely drive it for other purposes as well. Everytime you have that old, used nissan running you are making the environment far, far worse than if you instead were running a hybird.

Then, you claim that on occasion, you choose to drive that old, used nissan for the entire commute. That means that you are contributing far more that that 0% that you previously claimed, and unless you are carrying 4 passengers, you are making the environment worse than if you commuted SOV with a hybrid.

Get with it, raymond - if you had bought a hybrid with all of the $ you saved being a freeloader, then you'd not only be doing the world a favor by lowering your fuel consumption and bettering the environment, but you'd be saving money over that old, used nissan.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2008 at 8:25am
Stop poking the @#$%@#$@# troll!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 8:52am

quote:

raymond - your discussions has many, many gaps in logic.

You claim that by parking your old, used nissan that you contribute 0% to smog, etc. Yet, you MUST drive that vehicle as a minimum to get to and from the commuter lot - and you likely drive it for other purposes as well. Everytime you have that old, used nissan running you are making the environment far, far worse than if you instead were running a hybird.

Then, you claim that on occasion, you choose to drive that old, used nissan for the entire commute. That means that you are contributing far more that that 0% that you previously claimed, and unless you are carrying 4 passengers, you are making the environment worse than if you commuted SOV with a hybrid.

Get with it, raymond - if you had bought a hybrid with all of the $ you saved being a freeloader, then you'd not only be doing the world a favor by lowering your fuel consumption and bettering the environment, but you'd be saving money over that old, used nissan.

I'd be doing Toyota stockholders a favor by buying another product they sell, that's it! No, I think you should just give your money away to those who market the hybrid hype. You bougth into the boondoggle; its a distraction, a band-aid, a red-herring. Hybrids are temporary and they are already obsolete. Go ahead, support the "green marketing" frenzy; like another sheep behind mindlessly hearded to the checkout stand you should buy another hybrid! Its your money to waste! But its not the answer.

The hybrid exemption is illogical and obviously a political attempt to placate auto lobbists. Everyone knows hybrids get their best gas mileage when operating in stop-and-go city traffic, where the electric engine and braking energy recovery result in the highest gas mileage. At freeway speeds, hybrids are no more efficient then any other vehicle because the gas engine is running at full speed to keep up. And while that gas engine is running, I'm pretty sure its burining gas and polluting, and while you are freeloading on the hybrid exemption and driving SOV you are adding to traffic congestion. Congratulations NoSUV, you're a hypocrite!

At least 3 people in EVERY car is the only answer! Learn it, live it, love it. Get to know your fellow commuters for a change. I park my car or I fill up my seats; you need to fill up those empty hybrid seats, NoSUV! Until you do, you are just another SOV snob, even worse a hybrid-driving, freeloading, self-righteous, and ignorant SOV snob.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 11:12am
quote:

quote:

I'd be doing Toyota stockholders a favor by buying another product they sell, that's it! No, I think you should just give your money away to those who market the hybrid hype. You bougth into the boondoggle; its a distraction, a band-aid, a red-herring. Hybrids are temporary and they are already obsolete. Go ahead, support the "green marketing" frenzy; like another sheep behind mindlessly hearded to the checkout stand you should buy another hybrid! Its your money to waste! But its not the answer.

The hybrid exemption is illogical and obviously a political attempt to placate auto lobbists. Everyone knows hybrids get their best gas mileage when operating in stop-and-go city traffic, where the electric engine and braking energy recovery result in the highest gas mileage. At freeway speeds, hybrids are no more efficient then any other vehicle because the gas engine is running at full speed to keep up. And while that gas engine is running, I'm pretty sure its burining gas and polluting, and while you are freeloading on the hybrid exemption and driving SOV you are adding to traffic congestion. Congratulations NoSUV, you're a hypocrite!

At least 3 people in EVERY car is the only answer! Learn it, live it, love it. Get to know your fellow commuters for a change. I park my car or I fill up my seats; you need to fill up those empty hybrid seats, NoSUV! Until you do, you are just another SOV snob, even worse a hybrid-driving, freeloading, self-righteous, and ignorant SOV snob.

raymond - just how many times do you have to be proved wrong? Well, let's try yet again.

For years, people like you have claimed hybrids are hype over substance - all without any basis, and always contrary to the facts. Please review other threads here dating back at least 4 years in which you, and others like you, claimed then that it was also "temporary." Nothing could be farther from the truth. As US automakers are shutting down plants and undergoing draconion measures to stay competitive, Toyota is building NEW auto plants here in the US to make HYBRIDS in an attempt to keep up with demand. raymond, every FACT is agaist you and your claims.

"Everyone knows" isn't much on factual analysis, either. Let's try some simple physics, yet again, and see if you can keep up. If the vehicle is at constant velocity, what is the accelleration? Yes, raymond, the answer is zero. Granted, constant velocity is difficult to obtain with friction and wind resistence, but many of we drivers do not floor the accellerator to maintain that constant speed. Every single time you let up on that gas pedal, raymond, what happens differently between that old, used nissan you are so proud of and a hybrid? Simply put, the conventional vehicle continues to pollute and use gas while the hybrid could well have its gas engine shut off - and the battery gets charged to boot! Franky, raymond, what "everyone knows" seems to be a particular stupidity that you alone perpetuate.

And so, you remain far worse than a snob. You thrive on myths and ignore facts. You intentionally worsen the environment as well as worsen our economy by using far more fuel than you could. All for the sake of trying to justify your freeloading lifestyle.

Bottom line, raymond, you are pitiful.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 1:29pm

"Everyone knows" isn't much on factual analysis, either. Let's try some simple physics, yet again, and see if you can keep up. If the vehicle is at constant velocity, what is the accelleration? Yes, raymond, the answer is zero. Granted, constant velocity is difficult to obtain with friction and wind resistence, but many of we drivers do not floor the accellerator to maintain that constant speed. Every single time you let up on that gas pedal, raymond, what happens differently between that old, used nissan you are so proud of and a hybrid? Simply put, the conventional vehicle continues to pollute and use gas while the hybrid could well have its gas engine shut off - and the battery gets charged to boot!

Soooo, your hybrid does not use gas? Even (especially) at highway speeds? Hmmmm.
Your hybrid does not have a tailpipe? Hmmmm.
Your hybrid does not cost 20 -30% more than a comparable car? Hmmmm. Your SOV hybird does not have at least three empty seats? Hmmmmm, must be some new kind of hybrid! You "could well have" a point, and be the most righteous person on the planet! I must concede; how can I argue with a diety?

I take it back NoSUV; all this time I have opposed your POV on the hybrid issue. But now, well, I must have one of these hybrids! I could tap my kid's college fund, or second mortgage the house, or take a second job. But its all worth it to get on the bandwagon and spend my way into saving the planet. I'm sure President Bush would approve, after all, he told us that we are going to war and we should all go shopping! Your logic is undeniable; I must spend at least $30,000.00 on a hybrid to save the planet. Nevermind that's twice as much as I've ever spend on a car in my life. Whoopee!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 9:06am
raymond - NOW you are finally getting it! My hybrid, at times, does NOT use gas at highway speeds!

If you honestly believe your posting, then you would be on a bus. Don't they have more seats than a car?

And yes, you should spend all of that money you've avoided spending on a commute for several years to buy that hybrid and save the world. It's the very least you can do. After all, what point is there in sending your kids to college if you leave them with a world that is less inhabitable - and caused by you and those like you?

I supppose you are also one of those people who figure that it's not a problem if you litter - after all, it's such a small amount that you personally do compared to the nearly 7 billion people, so what does it matter?

Pitiful, raymond. Pitiful
portermg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portermg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 10:05am
NoSUV....who the heck do you think you are? Coming on here to simply bash the people who are trying to bring a nice, friendly way to commute in to work...rather than deal with the many headaches that the traffic creates.

Sure, you drive a hybrid...and I, for one, think that is great. I am all for consuming less fuel and using alternative power sources for transportation. In fact, I think that hybrid vehicles are some of the best things that have been produced in the past few years. However, I know there are MANY hybrid owners out there that still carpool/slug people into work.

Many of these individuals take the true meaning of "save the world" as you seem to continue to say, and continue to pick up commuters even in their hybrid vehicles. Hybrid vehicles do consume fuel, no matter how you want to put it...even as little as it may be, wouldn't that fuel be better "environmentally efficient" with 2 or 3 additional riders with you in your vehicle?

Simply put, see if you can keep up with this, by riding alone in your hybrid on the HOV lanes, you are simply putting more vehicles on the road than if you were to pick up 2 or 3 additional people. You seem to tell everyone here about how their SUVs and non-hybrid vehicles consume much more fuel than your own hybrid vehicle, which in fact IS true...I agree 100% with that. However, what you seem to fail to understand is that by riding alone in your hybrid, you are simply putting more people on the roads in their SUVs and non-hybrid vehicles...which in the end means that they are still consuming more and more fuel and doing more and more damage to the environment.

My point is this: You seem to criticize the individuals here on this site for not driving a hybrid...saying things like, "what point is there in sending your kids to college if you leave them with a world that is less inhabitable - and caused by you and those like you" and "Everytime you have that old, used nissan running you are making the environment far, far worse than if you instead were running a hybird." What you fail to understand is that by driving your hybrid as a SOV instead of picking up additional commuters, that you too are contributing to "a world that is less inhabitable."

By not picking other commuters up for simply a free, friendly commute to work, you in turn are making those individuals out there drive "that old, used nissan" that makes the environment so bad as you claim. By not utilizing the HOV lanes for what their purpose is intended for (Commuters/carpoolers), you are just giving people another excuse to drive their "Gas-guzzling SUVs"....

Do you comprehend any of this? Do you even care?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 12:18pm
Hi portermg. To answer your question to NoSUV - he/she doesn't care. NoSUV advocates that the only vehicles that should be allowed on the HOV lanes are hybrids and buses.

Just ignore NoSUV's rants. They are unprofessional and don't merit a cordial reply.

Happy Sluggin!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic