Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 1:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by Flyinlow

As usual you are on the attack and you call other people Bullies!! As for my kids one graduated from the USAF Academe this past May, and the other is in the USCGA his first year. So what about your kids SELF CENTERED JERKS like the old man?? You are the one that tries to elevate yourself above everyone else and that is what AH like you do!! You don't care about anything but getting up and down 95 in your special little car by yourself because you probably can't handle conversation with real people in person. GROW UP

Actually, you were and still are "on the attack." YOU were the one promoting unsafe driving practices - and you are driving the 2nd worse possible vehicle for commuting, a SUV. Just because your kids may or may not have gotten into an academy by no means is an indication of whether or not you have polluted their minds the same way you pollute the environment. And, if you could just learn to read, you could see that I don't commute on 95.
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 1:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
and you are driving the 2nd worse possible vehicle for commuting, a SUV.

So, what is the #1 worst vehicle for commuting?
StopWhining View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopWhining Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 2:37pm
Just thought you ALL should be aware of state 'KEEP RIGHT' laws that require drivers to have a bit of courtesy. Most states have something regarding this topic. I post this in the hopes that even one person, possibly a Hybrid or SUV driver, will abide by the law. Virginia State Law says:

§ 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.

It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.

and;

§ 46.2-804. Special regulations applicable on highways laned for traffic.

Whenever any roadway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, drivers of vehicles shall obey the following:

1. Any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions existing, shall be driven in the lane nearest the right edge or right curb of the highway when such lane is available for travel except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or where right lanes are reserved for slow-moving traffic as permitted in this section

So, if for no other reason than abiding by the law, MOVE OVER!

Stop Whining!
- gelieve te leren te drijven, idioot.
- erlernen Sie bitte zu fahren, zu scheiß Kopf
LOL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 3:50pm
This law doesn't relate to rush hour traffic. Because if it did, and let's get real here, everyone would be driving in the right hand lane. Then they would get pissed because traffic in the right was too slow so they would jump into the left hand lane to pass. Then all the traffic would be in the left lane. Geez!

If you are BARRELLING down on someone in the middle of rush hour, seems to me like you should be chilling out. And who made you King/Queen of the land so that everyone has to move out of your way? Take a chill pill, listen to some good music and relax.

If the left hand lane is flowing -- meaning the cars aren't tailgating but traveling at the rate of TRAFFIC -- then just get in line and quit YOUR COMPLAINING and quoting laws that were probably written before there was a rush hour. (Of course, don't get in the left hand land and lollygag -- move over to the right and travel at the rate of the traffic.)
StopWhining View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StopWhining Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 4:31pm
Have I complained? I don’t believe so. Just trying to educate some folks that insist on staying in the left lane just to annoy others. That being said, let me get this straight. We only have to follow the law when it’s convenient. Is that what you are saying? Hmmm, thanks, I didn’t know that. I hope this philosophy doesn’t spread too quickly!

I think that, even though you’re trying to justify not moving over to the right, you are ultimately agreeing with what I am ‘COMPLAINING’ about (“Of course, don't get in the left hand land and lollygag -- move over to the right and travel at the rate of the traffic”). I don’t have a problem with someone getting in the left lane and passing (thus, the name ‘Passing Lane’) and I am not advocating someone staying in the left lane and driving mach one. I am just trying to understand why some people insist on staying in the left lane when there is plenty of room in the right lane for them to move over and let one or two, or ten, cars pass them. I don’t stay in the left lane and I don’t barrel down on folks during rush hour, although, yes, it does happen.

Be courteous and drive safe.

Stop Whining!
- gelieve te leren te drijven, idioot.
- erlernen Sie bitte zu fahren, zu scheiß Kopf
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:59am
And here it is --- one more time ---
One reason many drivers get into the left lanes in the southbound HOV lanes in the afternoons is to get into the correct lane to make their respective exits.

Please notice that most of the afternoon exit ramps between the Pentagon and the Occoquan are to the left.
LOL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 12:39pm
Question -- when does the Hybrid exemption end?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 1:43pm
The hybrid exemption may end in 2013 when the HOT lanes start. Fluor explained drivers will have a metal strip on their windshield for the machine to read how many people are in the car. I doubt Fluor will expend the funds to develop a specific strip for hybrids so they don't pay a toll.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 5:35pm
[;)]
This VDOT News item says it ends at the end of June 2009.

From the VDOT Website:

http://www.virginiadot.org/news/northern_virginia/2008/hov_exemption_for_hybrid26594.asp

HOV Exemption for Hybrid Vehicles Extended to June 30, 2009

Hybrid vehicles with the required clean fuel license plates will continue to be able to use the I-95/395, I-66 and Dulles Toll Road HOV lanes until June 30, 2009, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation. The Virginia General Assembly approved a one-year extension which was signed into law by Governor Kaine on March 10.

In order for a hybrid vehicle to use Virginia’s HOV lanes during the morning and afternoon rush hours, the vehicle must have a clean special fuel plate issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Not all hybrids qualify for clean fuel license plates but the following do: 2004 Honda Civic, 2004 Honda Insight, 2004 Toyota Prius, 2005 Toyota Prius, 2005 Honda Insight, 2005 Honda Civic, 2005 Ford Escape, 2006 Ford Escape, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 2006 Toyota Prius, 2006 Lexus RX400, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2006 Honda Accord, 2006 Honda Civic, 2006 Honda Insight, 2006 Mazda Tribute, 2007 Toyota Camry, 2007 Lexus GS450h, 2007 Lexus RX400h, 2007 Ford Escape, 2007 Mercury Mariner, 2007 Honda Accord, 2007 Honda Civic, 2007 Toyota Highlander, 2007 Toyota Prius, 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5, 2008 Ford Escape, 2008 Honda Civic, 2008 Lexus GS450h, 2008 Lexus RX400h, 2008 Lexus LS600h, 2008 Mazda Tribute, 2008 Mercury Mariner, 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5, 2008 Toyota Camry, 2008 Toyota Highlander, 2008 Toyota Prius. Motorists should check the DMV Web site, www.dmvnow.com for an updated list of eligible hybrids.

Vehicles registered for clean fuel license plates on or after July 1, 2006 are not permitted to use the I-95/395 HOV lanes from 6 to 9 a.m. or from 3:30 to 6 p.m. However, they are allowed to use all other HOV lanes in Virginia during HOV hours, including I-66 and the Dulles Toll Road in Northern Virginia.

The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has created a new clean special fuel license plate for hybrid vehicles registered July 1, 2006 and after. The new plate has a distinctly different design to help Virginia State Police enforce the HOV restrictions.

Vehicle owners with clean special fuel license plates registered before July 1, 2006 may renew or transfer their plates to a newly purchased qualifying vehicle after the new law takes effect and continue to be exempt from HOV requirements until July 1, 2009. Hybrid vehicles will not be able to use the HOV lanes when the High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes on I-95/395 are completed.
HOV Fines in Northern Virginia:
1st offense: $125
2nd offense: $250
3rd offense: $500 plus three points
4th offense: 1,000 plus three points

HOV Hours:
I-95/395 from Route 234 to the 14th Street Bridge
HOV-3
6:00 to 9:00 a.m. northbound
3:30 to 6:00 p.m. southbound

I-66 from the Capital Beltway to the Roosevelt Bridge
HOV-2
6:30 to 9:00 a.m. eastbound
4:00 to 6:30 p.m. westbound

I-66 from Route 234 to I-495
HOV-2
5:30 to 9:30 a.m. eastbound
3:00 to 7:00 p.m. westbound

Dulles Toll Road from Route 28 to the Main Toll Plaza
HOV-2
6:30 to 9:00 a.m. eastbound
4:00 to 6:30 p.m. westbound

Page last modified: Sept. 10, 2008
LOL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 9:01am
I wonder what the hybrid owners will do once the exemption is over? Will they pick up riders or become slugs? Will people accept rides from hybrids when they no longer can ride solo?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic